Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by RustyScupperton
    Brud, you are now the King of 2 domains, one physical (#1 in swimming) and one intellectual (#1 in journalism). Which makes me think that thyou are ina very very microscopically small Venn Diagram overlap of these 2 elite classes of humanity, great athletes and great writers. And I would further submit that you are such an incredibly nice guy, that you may be number 1 in the country in likeability! Putting youas perhaps the best person this country, or any country, has ever known or will ever know! All hail Jm Thornton, literally the best person who has ever lived!!!!!!!
    You make me sound like an All Worldian here, Johnny boy!

But of course you are the Good Twin, which makes you an All Known Universarian!

It seems like only yesterday that I needed to bolster my saggy-breasted ego with swimming soubriquets largely of my own invention!

I refer, of course, to Zonesman: i.e., a swimmer who has managed to set a No. 1 record time in an age-group event in the Colony Zones region, regardless of whether that time is ultimately bested!

I thought perhaps that would have been my highest swimming achievement, with the following words inscribed on the urn in which the dust-to-dust remains of me might one day be cradled:

Goes a Zonesman!

But now, barring a blind-side tackle during my victory dance here on the one yard line, posterity shall simply note:

He was, for an all too brief moment, an All American on an off year!

Hang in there, Mr. T. Congrats!
    PS I have just added a word of thanks to Mr. John Kuzmkowski, who is largely responsible for the filming and photographs!
    Quote Originally Posted by kuztoo
    what the f are you wearing on your feet?
    It appears to be the prototype of Jellies! This picture dates back to 1954 or 1955. I had to dress up because I was about to do my first baby sitting job--for this Polish family out in Greensburg who couldn't afford a teenaged babysitter.

I had fun. Seems like the kids' names were John and Marty. A little on the wild side, but I got them settled down by reading them my favorite book during toddlerhood: Atlas Shrugged.

I doubt it had any effect on my youthful wards, though.

They were out like lights!
    Brud, you are now the King of 2 domains, one physical (#1 in swimming) and one intellectual (#1 in journalism). Which makes me think that thyou are ina very very microscopically small Venn Diagram overlap of these 2 elite classes of humanity, great athletes and great writers. And I would further submit that you are such an incredibly nice guy, that you may be number 1 in the country in likeability! Putting youas perhaps the best person this country, or any country, has ever known or will ever know! All hail Jm Thornton, literally the best person who has ever lived!!!!!!!
    what the f are you wearing on your feet?
    Leslie suggested that someone could possibly lodge a complaint about the title of today's vlog, so I shall simply clarify that I am referring to the following:

premature [ˌprɛməˈtjʊə ˈprɛməˌtjʊə]
    adj
    1. occurring or existing before the normal or expected time
    2. impulsive or hasty a premature judgment

ejaculate (-jky-lt)
    v. ejaculated, ejaculating, ejaculates
    v.tr.

To utter suddenly and passionately; exclaim.
    v.intr.
    Hi Jim...been a while! Looks like our beloved Ocean city is about to take a direct hit. Hoping for the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimshark
    Rural? I'm not that far away from the house you have claimed squatters rights to.
    I didn't mean that as an insult. It's just that the time you spend huntin' varmints and cookin' up possum stew is time you cain't spend on book learnin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    Would you be able to make a short list of the words that were not household words for you?

I think it is important that we teach them to Matthew so he will not suffer the social awkwardness that so very often stems from a, shall we say, rural vocabulary.
    Rural? I'm not that far away from the house you have claimed squatters rights to.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimshark
    I'm with Mark this time, Jim. I come armed to decode your blogs. This one especially.
    Would you be able to make a short list of the words that were not household words for you?

I think it is important that we teach them to Matthew so he will not suffer the social awkwardness that so very often stems from a, shall we say, rural vocabulary.
    I'm with Mark this time, Jim. I come armed to decode your blogs. This one especially.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I always enjoy reading your vlog Jim provided I have my dictionary, thesaurus and encyclopedia in hand.

I think I'll call you Oedipus from now own
    I am honored, Mark, that you see me as a beloved father figure/King you'd like to blind, castrate, and cuckold with your mother.

But I am also a little concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I always enjoy reading your vlog Jim provided I have my dictionary, thesaurus and encyclopedia in hand.

I am honored, Mark, that you see me as a beloved father figure/King you'd like to blind, castrate, and cuckold with your mother.

But I am also a little concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by rodent
    Jim, Congratulations, you have have the fastest time for any US man, age 60-64, in the 200 meter free this year. It might end up as the fastest in the world (I haven't checked). Your alma mater, Univ. of Michigan has a great tradition in the Men's 200 free w/ the Vanderkay's, Thornton, Phelps, etc. 25% of the US Olympic Swimming Team has a Michigan connection. Do you attribute the Michigan swimming success to the fact that they have applied the training techniques described in your Vlog?

Jack, the idea of Michael Phelps on the horse riding simulator, with twin Shake Weights in both hands, going hog wild...well, it's enough to make me want to poke my eyes out with shishkebab skewers.

Thanks for the nice mention of my event ranking. However, there are still some LCM meets left, and Rick Colella and Jim McConica and who knows who else could still swim the 200, making my dream of a No. 1 time only that.

Is a dream a swimming glory a wet dream?
    Jim, Congratulations, you have have the fastest time for any US man, age 60-64, in the 200 meter free this year. It might end up as the fastest in the world (I haven't checked). Your alma mater, Univ. of Michigan has a great tradition in the Men's 200 free w/ the Vanderkay's, Thornton, Phelps, etc. 25% of the US Olympic Swimming Team has a Michigan connection. Do you attribute the Michigan swimming success to the fact that they have applied the training techniques described in your Vlog?
    From what I understand, these training methods work much better in the hands of women, while the menfolk simply observe and enjoy a more passive approach to exercise. I should add, Dr. Duxson, that this is an observational analysis only, as I have never participated in trial of the aforementioned apparatus in any meaningful way.

Disclosure: Jim Thornton has no financial ties to either the Shake Weight or Korean Horse Riding Simulator technologies and their respective manufacturers and marketing departments.
    '
    Are there cliff notes to your new biography? BTW I already own two of each (shake weights and ace power)...one for upstairs and downstairs...probably need another for work when I get the urge...
    You can go grazing on several gardens in historic regions of town, then dream your way through the meet.