Blog Comments

I'm not a Doctor and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Expresss, but I'd advise:

• Stay between the 0 and 2 beat kick -- back pain sucks, kicking sucks and back pain + kicking has some funky exponential pain factor
    • Get your Obamaweed license, if for no other reason than to toke up while being driven to Water Rat's ART
    • I thought ART was art and have no idea what the capitalization means

two beat the 1500, but not a good strategy for a 50, me thinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Go get'em. hope the back holds up. At least fewer flip turns if its LCM
    thanks for the vote of confidence.

I am hoping i can kick....

more afterwards..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Dickson
    17:47?...if you are lucky...chiropractor and some yoga...oh and of course, some obamacare weed...
    I don't respond well to the Wild Wood Flower, though the promise of Obamacare has lightened my step just a wee bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Jim, come to my chiro. I'm telling you he's fantastic. ART is really working for me. I'm thinking of inviting him to come live with us.
    I may take you up on this when and/or if I manage to make it back alive from Ohio.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Was all the tennis worth it?

Is there a psych sheet and timeline for the meet? Will you get any rest?
    No pscyhe sheet of time line, but I will just swim as I am able. Tomorrow is the 100, 50, and 800, and I am planning to skip the 800 unless massive improvement.

T'wasn't tennis but lifting slabs that made it so.
    Go get'em. hope the back holds up. At least fewer flip turns if its LCM
    17:47?...if you are lucky...chiropractor and some yoga...oh and of course, some obamacare weed...
    Jim, come to my chiro. I'm telling you he's fantastic. ART is really working for me. I'm thinking of inviting him to come live with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Depends on conditions:

1. With fins or without??
    2. If I bring my lunch, about 125 tiny little SDKs so as not get my PBJ wet while it's sitting on the board.
    3. On top of the water with a fins and board (sans lunch) about 2 or 3 very big-ass kicks, some glide and I'm at the wall.
    4. Undewater sans board, lots of very fast kicks with fins to get to the wall before the air runs out.
    5. Will count them and let you know.

It's a good question - I'm guessing the range is pretty big, depending on how one is dolphin kicking, bigger kicks as when swimming fly or smaller faster ones when kicking with a board.
    I think for the sake of a poll, I will make it without fins and with a kickboard, in a 25 yard pool, and total kicks for a 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Jim, you should start a thread in the forums and let the experiment begin. How about quantity and also time?
    Good suggestion. I will think about how to do this.
    I would be interested to see how many dolphin kicks, using a kickboard, it takes different members of our ranks to make a 25 yard freestyle.
    Depends on conditions:

1. With fins or without??
    2. If I bring my lunch, about 125 tiny little SDKs so as not get my PBJ wet while it's sitting on the board.
    3. On top of the water with a fins and board (sans lunch) about 2 or 3 very big-ass kicks, some glide and I'm at the wall.
    4. Undewater sans board, lots of very fast kicks with fins to get to the wall before the air runs out.
    5. Will count them and let you know.

It's a good question - I'm guessing the range is pretty big, depending on how one is dolphin kicking, bigger kicks as when swimming fly or smaller faster ones when kicking with a board.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    I would be interested to see how many dolphin kicks, using a kickboard, it takes different members of our ranks to make a 25 yard freestyle.
    Jim, you should start a thread in the forums and let the experiment begin. How about quantity and also time?
    What?!?!

I did not start popping out kids until I was 31.
    Leslie, by my calculations your first child was born when were approximately minus 8 years old.
    And I have forgotten this! No idea what time I went. I doubt I could kick 31 flutter kick with board though. I'm sure I could pop off a :30 backstroke kick in practice. Pretty sure I could kick a :23 flutter kick with fins.
    Do you think you could make an entire 50 LCM underwater a la Lochte and that guy from Texas?

Lochte reportedly did it in 22.9 seconds, which was Rowdy Gaines freestyle world record in 1980...

It would be interesting to see what your time would be, but that's a lot of distance to cover on one lungful.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuztoo
    was Leslie the 1st to breastfeed at Northwestern law School?
    What?!?!

I did not start popping out kids until I was 31.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    Leslie can confirm the time, but we went head-to-head and she absolutely destroyed me on a 50 flutter kick. I will not forget this.
    And I have forgotten this! No idea what time I went. I doubt I could kick 31 flutter kick with board though. I'm sure I could pop off a :30 backstroke kick in practice. Pretty sure I could kick a :23 flutter kick with fins.