Blog Comments

Steelers even better: Three to Absolute Zero!!!!
    Chiefs 3-0
    !!!!
    P.S.

Thanks for asking!

Views 1711 Comments 140 (+1)

Despite the robust viewership here, the need to start demanding a cut of the ad revenue from USMS is reduced.

Look for our Facebook page and Twitter feed soon, as soon, indeed, as we learn how to do it.

And look forward, too, to the free "dove release" our restaurant may be getting courtesy of my brother making a movie about the dove release co.'s owner!
    Oh Jim, you are making my mouth water.. I mean the food, not you specifically. I love Tzatziki sauce, love white chicken chili and can always go for cheesecakes. When are you coming down here to share some of your delicious sounding food?
    Debbie made 389 small greek meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce; all gone.

She made something like 16 quarts of white chicken chili; all gone.

The plain and turtle cheesecakes; all gone.

Ditto for the mini sticky toffee muffins, egg salad sandwiches, and country ham and black-eyed peas soup.

Pretty much everything appeared to be quite popular, I must say.

It was as if we were able to attract a locust swarm of happy eaters.

Highly, unexpectedly so, gratifying, I must say!

Now if only some of the popularity remains when we go to the new business model--which involves actually charging people for the food--well, keep your fingers crossed.

As a food charity, however, we are already a success!
    Jim, what was the most popular item?
    Thanks, guys!

Yesterday was an extremely busy but red-letter day, with the "soft" opening of our new restaurant.

Every item prepared was consumed by a locust plague of happy visitors!

We will just have to see if the business model can survive the shift from the current one--"Everything is free, but we will make it up on volume"--to the new one--"Uh, err, well, that will be $1.59, I hate to ask for, you know, ah, money, it feels so crass, but well."
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    Hard to hop. I am too tired out from beating my age in the 100, from a push-off, at the end of practice tonight.
    That's my loooong-term masters swimming goal! And now you're making it look easy.

Happy belated birthday, and congrats on your age-busting 100!
    Quote Originally Posted by swimshark
    I know I couldn't beat your age in a 100. 50 yes but not a 100. Does that mean I need to beat mine on Tues? Hm.. I could go for the 50.
    and I will beat my age in the 25. :-D
    1 yard per second, that's not too bad right? :-D
    Hard to hop. I am too tired out from beating my age in the 100, from a push-off, at the end of practice tonight.
    I know I couldn't beat your age in a 100. 50 yes but not a 100. Does that mean I need to beat mine on Tues? Hm.. I could go for the 50.
    Wishing you the happiest of birthdays! Well, maybe the 2nd happiest because that leaves room for an even better one.

If my high-maintenance offspring allow, this fried Chicken will attempt your 58 x 25 workout tomorrow.

A
    btw that's the best erection I've ever seen on a 58 year old. And I should know.
    Hop to it birthday boy!
    Soon!
    So Jim... does this mean we will get a new posting?
    I don't understand this. I wonder who these "people" are who continue to visit this particular vlog entry. Are they actual people, accidental cases that get shuttled here by mistake?
    Perhaps Michael knows the answer, given his technological savvy.
    Flattering or not - here goes:

I had to do some actual research on this - because the way I would do view counts is on a "unique" user basis. Apparently the way vBulletin does it is by plain and simple views. That means you could sit here and click "refresh" 100,000,000 times and the view count would be 100,000,000 times higher.

So basically - because your threads are generating so many comments and you push it so vigorously on Facebook and any other social network you may love to frequent (Google Buzz? Twitter? Orkut? MySpace? LiveJournal? Xanga? Google Wave? Spamming Emails? ) the same people are rechecking your blog and generating more "views" to your site, even when it hasn't changed.

Source:
    [ame=http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=628867]DigitalPoint.com Forums[/ame]
    Views 1512 Comments 127

I don't understand this. I wonder who these "people" are who continue to visit this particular vlog entry. Are they actual people, accidental cases that get shuttled here by mistake?

Michael, if the answer is flattering, please respond.

If it is not, perhaps spare me.
    Matthew has been on his computer. Guess he likes the pictures on your vlog.
    Views 1512 Comments 127

Michael, if the answer is flattering, please respond.

If it is not, perhaps spare me.
    Views 1473 Comments 126 (+1)

Bill, that is a problem, I admit. I think I have taken the chastity belt for dietary purposes concept too far by not having a door at our restaurant.

We might have to rethink this.

So using a window to enter the cafe is a mistake, in your opinion?

The idea was that the very overweight would not fit, and thus we would not be contributing further to their undoing.
    Views 1410 Comments 121 (+1)

Okay, we are finally out of the unlucky 13 hundreds, so I will post very soon.

In the meantime, let me just post a pivotal event in the Thornton family empire expansionism: the erection of our sign! Or as I like to call it, a very well-hung erection it is!

Discuss amongst yourselves!
    Does anyone else wonder where the door to this soup kitchen is? Jim, how can you feed us if we can't get in??