Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by swimshark
    It's the drugs.. wait... no it's not. Darn. What caused this?
    And they call it...puppy lo-o-o-ove!

You heard me right.

Alison, you have discovered, relatively late in life, that you are into bestiality.

I do not judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by bzaks1424
    I honestly prefer the non-color version. Then again - if it were up to me, the entire internet would be in black and white with courier font.
    You are a purist.

I am less of a purist.
    First, use the black and white sign not because it is more appealing, but because it is more visible. Traffic = $$

the movies? having been to OC and ridden some of those very rides and eaten the same (mediocre) Mac and Manco's pizza, that one was my favorite. it kept the pace and variety of the scenery going for the whole appealing song.

Such poetry that a poem gets to be 3000. From a non-swimmer no less!
    This is only a preliminary comment. I'll post a more comprehensive comment when I read the whole blog:
    1. non-coloured sign;
    2. my blog is better;
    3. The lady with the broken neck who is waving her vagina around reminded me of myself while trying on my $20 Finis in the hopes it will make up for lack of Big Shoulders training.
    I like the non-colored sign best.
    I would stay true to the harmonistic flavor and go with the simple signage. I like the colored one better but I am not a harmonist!
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyScupperton
    O it tis a sin!
    To be without a twin.
    Since friendship from the ordinary kin
    Is no match for the love of a twin!
    I will respond to the rest of the excellent comments soon, but I just must note for the history books that RustyScupperton is not only a superb poet, but a timely poster.

His was the 3,000th comment left on Vlog the Inhaler's 207 entries.

This, for those who are counting, gives me a 14.49 comment per vlog ratio (CPVR).

By contrast, Leslie, the Godmother of Swimming Bloggage, she who can never be caught or matched, especially if she is successful at alienating regular viewers like Alison from my vlog, has 8530 comments for 623 posts, for a 13.69 CPVR.
    O it tis a sin!
    To be without a twin.
    Since friendship from the ordinary kin
    Is no match for the love of a twin!
    Quote Originally Posted by swimshark
    I have heard that when you come into mere contact with a Thornton it changes your body chemistry so that you are uncontrollably attracted to said Thornton... at least that would explain some of the seriously f'ed up dates I've been on.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    I think I understand what you're saying here.

But could you clarify it a little?
    So as to fully understand what it is you may be failing comprehension on - could you please specify what you're having difficulties understanding?
    I honestly prefer the non-color version. Then again - if it were up to me, the entire internet would be in black and white with courier font.
    I like the color version.

I cannot believe you have hoodwinked SwimShark into becoming a Jimslie vlog regular.
    Hm.. if I wrap you in warm bacon, my cat may want to eat you. Not a pretty thought.

By the way, congrats! I like the first sign.
    I may need to wrap my lower back in sizzling bacon. I can hardly move. Just took a Flexeril. Who knows? Perhaps the charm of my Ambien postings will live again.

So Alison, you are proposing to wrap me in warm, sizzling bacon?

Where am I?
    So Jim, are you going to take lessons from the 5 year old? I think he might be able to teach you how to swim with bacon only.
    Quote Originally Posted by bzaks1424
    You know Jim - I'll go out on a limb and say its probably jealousy that they feel this way. I mean - how many of THEM have had anywhere near the amount of comments on their blog? You've already mentioned the top 3, and #3 is way and a ways from you. Its like 2nd place tonight at the 5k I watched. The guy who won was running 4:30 splits in his miles - the guy behind him was doing 5:00 splits so by the end of the race, there was nearly a 2 minute gap between #1 and #2.

So perhaps they are trying to prevent feeding your ego as a means to keep you from growing too powerful in the USMS... Its entirely possible that your strength could start to grow exponentially as a result of hitting the 3000 mark of comments.

That being said - I am adding this post unnecessarily pondering the vague and uncertain as a means to help increase your post count whilst looking as if I actually have put thought into this.

I think I understand what you're saying here.

But could you clarify it a little?
    You know Jim - I'll go out on a limb and say its probably jealousy that they feel this way. I mean - how many of THEM have had anywhere near the amount of comments on their blog? You've already mentioned the top 3, and #3 is way and a ways from you. Its like 2nd place tonight at the 5k I watched. The guy who won was running 4:30 splits in his miles - the guy behind him was doing 5:00 splits so by the end of the race, there was nearly a 2 minute gap between #1 and #2.

So perhaps they are trying to prevent feeding your ego as a means to keep you from growing too powerful in the USMS... Its entirely possible that your strength could start to grow exponentially as a result of hitting the 3000 mark of comments.

That being said - I am adding this post unnecessarily pondering the vague and uncertain as a means to help increase your post count whilst looking as if I actually have put thought into this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsherm81
    Me either Chicken. No way I want to feed the ego.
    Again, I absolutely understand your reluctance to feed me.

The truth is, I am becoming immense, at least in the abdomen.

Nevertheless, could you possibly explain in more detail why you feel this way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken of the Sea
    Well, I'm not going to encourage you by making any comments
    I understand your reluctance, but I was hoping you might quantify your reasons for feeling this way.

Please write 12-25 individual reasons and post each one in its own comment. If additional references and/or footnotes are required, it will make it much easier for me to keep things straight if each of these, too, receive separate comment postings.

Thanks.