Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    This is a bizarre detail ... My sister lives in Kenosha.

Enjoy the art and literature references!
    It's a small world! Is she a swimmer? Not that many of us "regulars" at the Y; maybe half a dozen people I see all the time. There are a couple of other places in town to swim, but we have the best, disorganized swim team ("hey, what are you doing today? Guess what I did yesterday?" that kind of thing).
    Same here in VT - we had about an inch yesterday but it's gone already. My snowshoes are getting antsy.
    But I just wrote it down, so now I have to do it!
    Hope you're feeling chipper in the morning!! We have NOT been happy in Tallahassee (FL) with our 20 degree mornings - but it's usually about 50-60 by lunch. We can go through two or three clothing changes a day - not including getting in & out of our Speedo's!
    This is a bizarre detail ... My sister lives in Kenosha.

Enjoy the art and literature references!
    I think the clarity is due to the mussels that came in on bilgewater and ate everything in sight. Some divers have mentioned decades of murky water, then suddenly they could see for miles (sort of).
    Come on down to the sweet sunny southern shores of L Michigan.
    We'll see about the wet suit; and thanks for your comments... writing and reflecting for me are like oxygen, I need 'em to live! Kinda like swimming, huh?
    Alex, I love your blog entries, they are a breath of fresh air and so entertaining, thanks for sharing!

Hope you can find a wetsuit for your next chilly lake swim!

J
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Did some extra solo swims, but it was worth it--and to beat James to the 500 mile mark
    Hey now...I may have to go back and check out the blog date/times for sure on this one...
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnair
    yeah, it's a great reminder; one of the things I love (or love to hate) about GTD! "Curse you GTD pace-to-date!"
    Yes it is one of the annoying things about GTD, especially early in the year.

Last year I got tired of it yelling at me for most of Jan and Feb (I didn't swim the first few days, then got sick, then took time from swimming for a marathon). So I was determined to keep a 5-10 mile cushion just to avoid it. Did some extra solo swims, but it was worth it--and to beat James to the 500 mile mark
    "The world seems like a really bad pirated version of itself recorded by someone's cell phone and uploaded to youtube!"

LOL, nice description though I wouldn't want to be there, sorry you're feeling so badly, hope you're back in 'David's bronze again sometime soon! (with speedo of course! )
    I find that happening to me a lot - I will get a mile or two above pace, work three straight days without a swim, then be in the hole. Oh well - we just have to remember that it tracks for the year, not the week ...
    yeah, it's a great reminder; one of the things I love (or love to hate) about GTD! "Curse you GTD pace-to-date!"
    the problem is that GTD doesn't take a day off, so if you want to beat it, you have to go above and beyond during the week to account for the rest days.
    Well done!! Certainly more than I swam last year, and I'm lucky if I can get 3000 yards within an hour!

I hope you find the truck that hit you and teach it a lesson in 2012, until then, keep truckin'

Cheers and happy new year!!
    Yeah, awesome, Steve... go for it! 300 was my original goal for 2011, so you never know.

The Dead AND Santana in '91! What a concert that must have been. Saw Santana in Austin once, I wanna say around '87.
    I saw them in 87 at Park City UT, then once again at Mile High stadium with Santana in 91

341 is a good achievment, my goal for 2012 will be 300
    Yeah, that's my 2nd favorite line of the movie... probably my favorite is "Worse? How can things get any worse, Ellen, we're on the threshold of Hell!"
    LOVE that movie,....."Mornin'... $#!^^er's full!!"

OK...enjoy your swims and Happy Holidays!
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627