Blog Comments

Leslie,
    it's on hold right now, I'm just maintaining strength.
    I plan to train hard and lose weight now till april then shift to speed and strength.
    So how is your goal of getting stronger going?
    swam with mike lovato & Max
    beside tyler, todd, mike V, erin, nate, & doug
    dove in 5:35ish
    What's also surprising, is that you didn't lap mike and max on the blistering 500.

Do you guys all form a single file wave and push an insanely fast pace? Or is the same thing going on in tyler's lane?
    didn't warm up
    Show off! . Still very good since it was way over 5K. At least, you kept you 1000 splits under 12:00.
    Still nice yardage! How did Tyler do- he did well last year.
    I agree, it's phenominal. Ande is processing and buffering the lactic acid very well to come back like that on the last one.
    What's interesting Rob is that he gets faster with each swim. I wonder if that's deliberate, or if the first swim is just a tune up?

Sometimes at meets the second event is faster just for that reason.

Either way, this is beyond impressive. How many middle age people could pull this off?... let alone a college kid in their early 20's.
    Nice "Fast Friday"

Just curious, in your swim downs, do you do it all free or mix in back and breast?
    Ande -

Bummer about the IM record. Trivia fact - I swam with Edwin in Holland in the mid 1980s for the Amersfoortse Zwem en Polo Club (AZPC). Lots of good swimmers came out of that club in those days.
    thanks Leslie
    Sorry about losing the records. But you are one kick ass IMer!
    That's a whole lot of aerobic work for one day!

But what about the kicking?!
    Thanks. I will try kicking on side.
    hey pat,
    come swim in the Austin Grand Prix

RTodd,
    that 250 kick was on my side,
    left arm down, right arm up,
    arms at my side,
    2 right arm pulls into each wall to set up turn,
    long streamline glides off each wall but no SDK,
    to breathe: I just turn my head to the side & breathe like I'm taking a freestyle breathe, but no scull.
    I usually breathe every other kick
    on last one, I dove & did 250 straight fly kick with no board,
    went 3:02
    Nice, was that on stomach or back? If on stomach, do you skull to breathe? if so, how many SDK between breathing?
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    Pat,
    I plan to wear the fastest legal suit (reasonably priced) in each meet I swim.
    So I'll probably wear a B70 or some other full body suit at the 2010 USMS SCY Nats.
    How about you?
    Ditto. I bought a new B70 full leg before Rowdy Gaines that I'll wear at a meet in mid-March and at Nationals. I'll wear a mixture of jammers, an older B70 and an older FS Pro for all other "in-season" meets. I'll switch to jammers at a USA-S meet in LCM that I'll likely swim the weekend after Atlanta.
    Pat,
    I plan to wear the fastest legal suit (reasonably priced) in each meet I swim.
    So I'll probably wear a B70 or some other full body suit at the 2010 USMS SCY Nats.
    How about you?
    Will you wear your bodysuits in USMS meets then or have you 'made the switch' to jammers for the future?
    thanks Speedo,
    it was fun

Ande
    6 Rasmussen, Ande 46 TXLA-ST 54.92
    26.30 54.92 (28.62)

Great job Ande- way to take it out faster in the PM.