Blog Comments

thanks, a full B70 is about half a second faster for me than the speedo Pro Jammers
    thank y'all, I was seated 8th
    thanks Chris,

I was pleased with that time, it broke my masters trend of swimming slower in finals.

How were your SDKs off the final turn?
    I did 10 off the start 10 off the 1st turn, 8 off the 2nd turn & 6 off the last turn. I took it out harder & felt weak,
    definitely fading

IMO ultimately your goal in this event should be to have 1.0-1.5 sec differential (it should be closer in back compared to other strokes b/c the start is less of an advantage and it is a foot-touch on the turn).
    I completely agree

I know you concentrate a lot of focus on 50s but I think your 100 fly/IM/back could potentially be even better than your 50s.
    thanks for the encouragement, I'd like to get it together with my 100's, last season they were:
    FL 51.8
    BK 53.3
    IM 53.8
    Ande, that's a very nice time for being in-season and not wearing a techsuit.

How were your SDKs off the final turn? IMO ultimately your goal in this event should be to have 1.0-1.5 sec differential (it should be closer in back compared to other strokes b/c the start is less of an advantage and it is a foot-touch on the turn).

I know you concentrate a lot of focus on 50s but I think your 100 fly/IM/back could potentially be even better than your 50s.
    Glad you are doing finals tonight. Good luck
    Updated January 18th, 2010 at 04:15 PM by tjrpatt
    Good luck in finals tonight!
    Good luck Ande. Not bad for a meet at this time of the season!
    have a feeling that the breastroke differential is likely to be more, plus I'm curious to see how longer events play out
    Quote Originally Posted by ande
    I went 21.99 at this meet last year after my 200 IM.
    wore a full B70. So I'll take a 0.49 diff
    last years 50 bk was 24.6 & I went 25.15 so I get the impression the B70 full is about half a sec faster than a jammer.
    That's pretty consistent with my experience too: about 0.5 sec for 50s, 1 sec for 100s.
    Thanks Rtodd

Hey Leslie,
    just looked at last years blog
    http://andesswimmingblog.blogspot.co...-im-50-fr.html
    Saturday Jan 17th, 2009
    I went 21.99 at this meet last year after my 200 IM.
    wore a full B70. So I'll take a 0.49 diff
    last years 50 bk was 24.6 & I went 25.15 so I get the impression the B70 full is about half a sec faster than a jammer.
    Impressive! How does that compare to yourB70 50? Pretty close, isn't it?
    That's an awesome 50 Ande.
    Even when you train through them, IMO meets are like specialized practices. I am always surprised when I add up all the yardage from warm-ups, warm-downs, and races.

So you basically did two practices yesterday...and the meet was the second one.
    Chris,
    My plan was to train through this meet.
    I thought I could handle doing a practice before today's session but I felt weak and slow and swam some terrible times today. Live and learn.
    Ande, out of curiosity...why did you do a workout (and not an easy one) before your meet?
    Good luck at the meet. I am sure that you will be fine no matter what suit you are wearing.
    Thanks Rtodd
    she's tough, she kept swimming after practice was done
    Awesome speed day.
    Pretty cool that you swam with Polly, she and I were college teammates for 4 years. She was an absolute animal in the pool back then.