Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Nice swim, Stewart! Here's to a great rest of the meet - enjoy!
    thanks so much Mike. It was a lot of fun!
    Your 200 was superb Stewart. I enjoyed watching you get further and further ahead of me! I knew it would be great given how well you've trained for that event this season.
    Hey, thanks for the photo. Next time we should get a relay team suit. I think we have 4 mfrs represented there!
    I didn't get a chance to watch your 500 live, but they've got the streams up on youtube now. Here's the link: Your heat is right around the 1:18 mark.

Great race to watch. You seemed really steady and just couldn't come up with the final kick like Unruh and Dickson did. Steve Unruh's swim would have made Mark Schubert proud.

Great meet overall. Pretty tough to have 100% great swims!
    Good times! See you in Portland (hopefully if I can get the time off).
    Nice swim, Stewart! Here's to a great rest of the meet - enjoy!
    LOL! We'll see, Stewart. A lot of those OW events are in cold water and I just don't have the stones for that. LOL! But yes, I would like to do a nationals one day. Let's look at it later. Good luck and have a great time!
    Thanks guys. I feel good for a change and I am really looking forward to having fun!

KK we need to get you to nationals or worlds or both next year. Worlds have a short OW event and you would kill it. They are also in a great old European city.

Seriously, let's talk about you doing one of these. You are too good to not swim at these meets. Your also a lot of fun to hang with
    That's a terrific summation Mr Dickson. My sentiments exactly.

See you guys tomorrow or friday(fort)
    Todd is a turd...does that crap constantly. I'm sure the girls and the 80 year olds are impressed that he can win his heat by 25 yards. I'm pretty sure they teach the art at Phoenix Swim Club. I personally hope you kick his arse but it's going to be tough. But perhaps he didn't time his testosterone cycle right. Bon chance!
    See you Thursday afternoon!
    I think some people don't like the "racing" aspect as much as you two. They prefer to race against themselves and the clock. But I too am a little annoyed at a sandbagging breaststroker in my age group. Nationals does seem like a weird venue for sandbagging ...

Say are we going to have a team dinner on Saturday night?
    Updated April 26th, 2016 at 12:13 PM by The Fortress
    I completely do not understand sandbagging. I will say that, as I have aged, I don't always enter my Masters best times, for example in the 500 and 400 IM, I entered times from 2015 and 2014 Nationals, not my bests which were done in 2012, but these are still solid and, I think, not sandbagging times.
    That does seem strange to sandbag. It seems like you'd want to push yourself against folks who are close to your same speed or faster so you end up going faster. Hmm...
    Good luck to you this weekend, Stewart. You've put in a ton of great work for this so I'm sure you're going to do well! Keep taking lots of naps and enjoy your time. I can't wait to hear how you do!
    wet drive home in my swim suite and warm ups.
    Ummm.... commando?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Ha. I bet you were dying to say "yeah well I'm tapering for nationals right now". I know I would have
    i resisted the urge but I was definitely thinking it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    Yes, it's so hard not to race with someone next to you taunting you. Good for you for holding back.

I'm so excited to hear how Greensboro goes for you next week! You'll do great!
    thanks KK. It look a lot of will power but I managed it.

I too am looking forward to the meet. I just need more rest this week(and sleep). Sorry I was really late on commenting on your 10k. You did awesome despite the challenges. That time is awesome.
    Ha. I bet you were dying to say "yeah well I'm tapering for nationals right now". I know I would have
    Yes, it's so hard not to race with someone next to you taunting you. Good for you for holding back.

I'm so excited to hear how Greensboro goes for you next week! You'll do great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Scary fast indeed!