Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    Nice swimming! You split that race very, very well. Did anyone video the race?
    Unfortunately not. My daughter was sick and so I was flying solo. The SPMS meet where I went 1:59.9 on the 200m free is online. In fact all the races are online from SPMS.
    Nice swimming! You split that race very, very well. Did anyone video the race?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I echo what Patrick said. but I agree with you that 4 months seems like overnight to me. I have not been doing much if any race pace training as no one I ever swim with finds it important. I'm going to have to get serious about modifiying my workouts I'm afraid.

are you moving up to my age group??? With a 22.5, you're not allowed!
    I was very skeptical when I first read about USRPT and although my race pace is not USRPT I am convinced this type of training has helped me enormously and plan on sticking with it. I will examine my weights and yoga and likely adapt both.

I am aging up to your age group but likely won't be doing the 50 at Nationals. It just does not fit on the program. I also have a tough choice to make on the 1000 and likely won't swim it either. I wish I could enter 8-9 events and then it would make much easier choices. The program this year makes it tough; I know your breast and free is in a similar(perhaps worse) boat.
    I echo what Patrick said. but I agree with you that 4 months seems like overnight to me. I have not been doing much if any race pace training as no one I ever swim with finds it important. I'm going to have to get serious about modifiying my workouts I'm afraid.

are you moving up to my age group??? With a 22.5, you're not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Damn impressive 200, Stewart. To hold a taper after all that racing last weekend and then all of the travel is incredible. As for this comment ...

... I look at that as a gift of a huge amount of time.

Take it easy this week - you deserve some R&R.

Great season.
    Thanks Patrick. I could not have been happier. Its funny how going a 1:46.90 is so much more satisfying than a 1:47.00. On this training cycle I hit all my goal times for scm and it gives me great confidence ahead of nationals. I obviously hoped to be able to hold the taper but was not sure how I would react with lower overall yardage. I am convinced that the race pace training I have been doing, works. My splits on all my events were great and I have a lot of confidence as a result.

Thanks for for all your support.
    Damn impressive 200, Stewart. To hold a taper after all that racing last weekend and then all of the travel is incredible. As for this comment ...
    Scary to think we only have 4 months til Spring Nationals.
    ... I look at that as a gift of a huge amount of time.

Take it easy this week - you deserve some R&R.

Great season.
    You know your travel/work schedule is crazy when Mark and I are dizzy thinking about it.
    i hear ha. This trip has been particularly challenging. The weather that came through yesterday has impacted this trip and I have decided to head home early tomorrow rather than drive to and from Sacramento tomorrow. I don't think I will swim so many events this weekend as I had planned because I am pooped.
    I'm dizzy with all that. No Stanford masters?
    thats how I felt.

Yesterday was a VERY long day. I was originally on a 4pm flight from LAX to SFO but changed it so I could get one more meeting in Irvine. My changed flight was then delayed and I got to SFO at around midnight and it was 1am before I got to the hotel. I had an early morning meeting in Oakland and new that heading to Stanford and making my meeting was not practical so had arranged to swim with Burlingame which is right by the airport. As it turned out I was unable to swim this morning due to the late night and the bad weather that came through last night. SF was a mess this morning due to the rain and I have never seen flooding like this. It was nuts.
    You know your travel/work schedule is crazy when Mark and I are dizzy thinking about it.
    I'm dizzy with all that. No Stanford masters?
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    How are you doing with your shoulder injury? I hope you are feeling better.
    Hopefully it's getting better, but not sure. It hasn't really bothered me for a while, but I haven't done a really long practice for a while, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Wow, great meet Stewart! Your hard work really paid off!
    thanks Kirk. I am likely going to do a few more tweaks to my training program but the race base work is going to stay. This is the first meet in a long time I have felt strong and fast as opposed to tired and slow.

How are you doing with your shoulder injury? I hope you are feeling better.
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartACarroll
    such a shame with all the water and great facilities that they dropped the men's swim program.
    You can say that again.
    UCLA has a lot of nice pool options on campus. I think it's got the best pool facilities of a California university with the exception of Stanford in terms of variety and options and I haven't even yet made it to Spieker! I swam LCM at Sunset Canyon and SCM (I think) at the Student Activities Center. Both were great.
    i took a few pictures this morning at Spieker and I will post them when I get to my hotel tonight. I think it's maybe the best pool I have swim at in California. The water is a little warmer than I am used too but the setup is awesome and definitely one of the clearest and cleanest pools I have ever swim at. I swim at Sunset tomorrow.

such a shame with all the water and great facilities that they dropped the men's swim program. Such great history!
    Wow, great meet Stewart! Your hard work really paid off!
    UCLA has a lot of nice pool options on campus. I think it's got the best pool facilities of a California university with the exception of Stanford in terms of variety and options and I haven't even yet made it to Spieker! I swam LCM at Sunset Canyon and SCM (I think) at the Student Activities Center. Both were great.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    Congrats on a great meet, Stewart! Your 200 back was awesome!
    Thanks Mike. I find 200s nearly always hurt but this was one where I did not hurt and really felt good the whole way. I was really happy with all my swims.
    Congrats on a great meet, Stewart! Your 200 back was awesome!
    great swimming Stewart. I'm glad your taper really came together for you this weekend
    thanks Mark. It was a lot of fun!
    Great weekend of racing, Stewart.

I wasn't around the meet long enough, but did you hear any updates on when the new pool at Long Beach/Belmont Plaza will be finished? This meet will always have great competition and I do like the pool at Commerce, but I think it'll become an even better meet once it gets moved back to Belmont.
    there was nothing official but one of the guys I spoke with from Rosebowl said something about a new pool in along Beach being built and this meet would move there in the next two years. I don't know if what he said is factually correct or whether it's the Belmont pool or not.

I found this earlier

https://m.facebook.com/RebuildBelmon...azaOlympicPool