Blog Comments

Floyd-

Sorry about your upcoming dry-docked state. Those hotel pools are marginal.
    I also can empathize with your thoughts about DPS. Ever since Terry Laughlin visited us briefly a couple of months ago, I try to do a DPS drill- or "golfing"- at least once a week. Typically I start out in the same place- about 68 for a 50, or :37 with 31 strokes- even though I do some drills just about every time in the pool. You'd think I'd be improving my stroke. Maybe I should be happy that its not getting worse!
    That's a bummer about your pool. Is it the only pool in your area? We have tons of pools around here. I have 8-10 pools I can go to on a regular basis easily. I guess we are just pool blessed in landlocked Indiana
    That's a bummer about your pool. Is it the only pool in your area? We have tons of pools around here. I have 8-10 pools I can go to on a regular basis easily. I guess we are just pool blessed in landlocked Indiana
    that running part sounds awful! Sorry to hear about the pool closing. Lazy pool operators!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    What events this time?
    See yesterday's blog.
    What events this time?

Oh, that super sucks, Bob.
    Good luck Floyd! I just got an e-mail that my Louisville meet is cancelled. I'm not really upset about not racing, I'm just bummed that i'm stuck with a priceline room
    It's the city pool Robin. We don't have a YMCA here.

For those of you that read the article about Boise in the most recent Swimmer magazine, that's the pool I'll be doing the swim meet in this weekend. It's a nice facility. But not brand new as the article alludes. I've been swimming 10 years now and it was there when I started.
    The water situation sounds gross! Do you swim at a YMCA?
    I think it sounds like you had a great meet!
    You need to give me some 200 back tips! A 2:39 is smokin'
    How much did it snow on your way home?
    Splits were 37.75-40.68-41.03-39.89
    Nice splitting there!
    200 back wasn't bad at all. How did the turns go?

I agree about the speed work. You can't do fast sprints in season without it. Do some fast 25s with lots of rest this week.
    Good luck this week-end Floyd!!
    Kick butt in the 200 back!!
    Good luck this week-end Floyd!!
    Kick butt in the 200 back!!
    Good luck and have fun!
    Good luck in that 200 back!!
    Good luck, Floyd. Glad you joined the Masters USA Swimming bandwagon. You might get some stares but USA-S meet are very interesting to partake in.
    Good to hear from you Tom. No, I haven't posted my meet info yet. I will add it to the next blog.
    Did you post yet what meets you're doing and what events you've entered?
    I think I might use this next week, ofcourse I will need to change the intervals alittle since I am not that fast on the back stroke, maybe 1:45 and 1:50ish
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast