Blog Comments

It is a lot for one day, but as I mentioned in today's workout post, my approach to the events following the 200 back is as a speed workout for next week's meet when I'll be at the end of my taper.
    That's still a lot of events for one day ... I'd be dragging by the end. 30 minutes is not all that much recovery time after a 200 ...
    I entered 5 events but the 200 is my focus. It will be my second event of the day. The 50 back is the first. After that I have (in order) 100 free, 100 back and 50 fly. I may scratch one of more of these depending on how I recover from the 200. I should have 30 min or more to rest after since there is a relay, scheduled break and the 500 between the 200 back and 100 free. But those events are just for practice and I'm not going for a good time. That will be next week's focus. And if this meet is as big as last year I should be okay. I had lots of rest last year.
    Yep, it looks familiar. lol. I think I'll do this one again soon too.

Are you only swimming the 200 back this weekend or one of the sprints as well?
    All that speed wasted on a 200 back .... lol

Very fast 50s, Floyd!
    I'll probably do spin workouts on Mon and Wed next week, then stop until after my meet.
    When will you stop spinning in your taper, Floyd?
    Nice workout after the Halloween indulgence, Floyd! 1:14 is a speedy practice time. You must be looking forward to your meets!
    Nice! I look forward to seeing how you do!
    Three meets this fall...
    Masters meet Nov, 15 in Salt Lake City Utah;
    USAS meet Nov. 22-23 in Boise Idaho;
    Masters meet Dec 6 in Reno Nevada.
    Hey, Floyd, when's your next meet again?
    Are you doing a postal swim soon or what? Looks awful!
    I think this set came from one of the workout cards that used to be in the previous Swimming magazine we used to get. It is supposed to be swam at your target pace for the 1650. This one we swam a bit slower because Carrie bonked after the second or third swim of the set. The idea is to swim afap and at the end subtract the rest time (2:30) from the total time to get the actual swim time. Since Carrie's goal is to do an Olympic distance Tri next year this is mainly for her to get used to swimming the distance at race pace.
    The broken 1650 is an interesting set. Where'd you get that? From the title "comfort swimming" I'd assume you didn't try to maintain a specific pace, but just concentrated on the walls and your stroke. I'm going to try that sometime.
    What, you can't do an entire 50 AFAP?!
    Way to go Merman! Now get out of that comfort swimming mindset and kick some ass with the MF!
    BS is for backstroke and that other word. I guess that means I'm focusing on backstroke again this year. I have this warped desire to do a 200 back sometime during the coming season.
    So is BS backstroke or that other word? LOL. What are your focus events for the SCY season?
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122