Blog Comments

Aha! You're in cahooots!
    Quote Originally Posted by jswim
    Nice to see that your pool allows you to use the blocks during lap swims. Unfortunately ours does not, though I've thought about using them anyway and pleading ignorance if anyone says anything! LOL
    I'm lucky that they let me use them whenever I want to. It helps that my wife is the swim team coach and they know that I compete.
    Nice to see that your pool allows you to use the blocks during lap swims. Unfortunately ours does not, though I've thought about using them anyway and pleading ignorance if anyone says anything! LOL
    I was pretty bushed after this workout too. But everyone seems to like it! I had about 39 seconds rest when I did it, so your interval was fine.
    I suspected as much!!
    That's a whole lot of yards!!!!!
    Yep! and not a single one was breaststroke.
    That's a whole lot of yards!!!!!
    I'm with you... The reason I use my breast stroke for rest/recovery lengths is b/c it is too slow for anything else!
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnair
    Yeah, great job. How much of it did you do backstroke?
    No backstroke except during cool down after. And def no breaststroke!
    Yeah, great job. How much of it did you do backstroke?
    Nice job, Floyd. January never seems to be the ideal month for me to do it, either.
    Well done!!
    Awe.. thanks for the note!

Nice to see you fit in a whole 150 breast and you didn't break out in hives or anything!
    I still don't see Breaststroke in there! and btw if you're calling it "(b)reststroke", then you're not doing it right!
    I didn't see any breaststroke in this swim.. you should be doing breaststroke.
    I didn't do any fly or backstroke either.
    Tomorrow's recovery day. I'll throw in some (b)reststroke then.
    Updated January 18th, 2012 at 05:52 PM by poolraat
    I didn't see any breaststroke in this swim.. you should be doing breaststroke.
    I love the torque drill with my big paddles, but it's an acquired taste. You can do the drill without paddles too. I like it cuz it's an in water upper body plyo.

My legs were absolutely fried after my AFAP kick fest yesterday too. But it's good for us!
    "Had to fight tidal wave from big guy in adjacent lane every time we passed."

But Body surfing can be fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    When that happens to me, I just switch to a recovery workout.
    That's basically what this turned into after the backstroke set. The intervals for the next set were faster than my actual swim time so I adjusted accordingly and just cruised through that set. Kick set was fun though. Was supposed to do it 2x through but ran out of time and could only do it once. The 1 leg kicking was interesting. Now I know what kicking is like for Kelsey.
    When that happens to me, I just switch to a recovery workout.
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast