Blog Comments

worse considering all that backstroke! Blech!
    Now that's the "mountain set". The "hill" that I usually do is from 25-200-25. Nice job!!
    backstroke is for landlovers who need air...oh.. and also eeevil!

ps.. Love the cat photo! LOL
    That is great news! I'm glad that you are able to take advantage of some more swims.
    Bummer when pools close...
    And since the pool here will close from Thanksgiving to New Years
    That really stinks. You could probably stay in tune with some spinning, or jogging, and then do some stretch cords.
    Updated November 29th, 2011 at 07:23 PM by quicksilver
    Very solid swims. Great job!
    Great job at the meet, Floyd. Pretty sweet to get some non-tech suit PBs!
    I've decided that waking up in the middle of the night and not sleeping is worse than not being able to fall asleep.
    Congrats on your swim! Doing all 5 is impressive.
    Nice job Floyd, especially that last set.
    Did you do anything else besides swimming? I took the weekend off swimming too, more as a mental break. But then I did too much other stuff and don't feel fresh for the week. Mistake.
    Hey Buddy!
    Quite a few people view your blog everyday

You should write a few comments about the workout. I would like to see them.
    And I believe you will find that there are 1,000 times more swim types like you who can relate to the workouts you throw down there on your own.

Hope to see you swimming in the beautiful PACIFIC soon!
    Updated September 5th, 2011 at 01:57 PM by Ahelee Sue Osborn
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! And what a great prize!!!!!!!!! Save the bottle and put it with your other awards!!!
    Congratulations on the win!
    Fantastic Floyd! I love the bottle of wine prize!!!
    Great swim Floyd!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ViveBene
    Yay! Good times, and congrats on taking home the medal. How far south (or how small) is Caldwell that the water temp is 72? Lake Michigan - Chicago is struggling to get to 60.
    Thanks. Caldwell is about 20 mi west of Boise so not really south. The lake where the race was held is a man made water ski lake and is shallow so the water warms up quickly in the spring. There are 2 lakes side by side that are a half mile long and about 200 yards wide owned by a water ski club that one of the members of Sawtooth Masters belong to. It was really great of the club to let us use their facility for this event.
    Quote Originally Posted by ViveBene
    Yay! Good times, and congrats on taking home the medal. How far south (or how small) is Caldwell that the water temp is 72? Lake Michigan - Chicago is struggling to get to 60.
    Inland Northwest has some good swims, as you doubtless know: a nice swim-across of L. Pend Oreille, Sandpoint, ID; a 1-miler in Flathead Lake, MT; and something in Coeur d'Alene.
    You are correct about the amount of swims in the Inland NW. There is one downstream in the Snake River in Lewiston as well in July, along with the Steve Omi swim (Coeur d'Alene) in July. Sandpoint's Longbridge Swim is in August, along with the CAST Classic in Coeur d-Alene in late August.
    I'm not into the OW swims, but they are definitely available here. Oregon also puts on a lot of OW swims.
    Updated June 26th, 2011 at 09:23 PM by jaadams1
    Inland Northwest has some good swims, as you doubtless know: a nice swim-across of L. Pend Oreille, Sandpoint, ID; a 1-miler in Flathead Lake, MT; and something in Coeur d'Alene.
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast