Blog Comments

Way to go Floyd! That's some great swimming!
    Floyd, I don't think he ever did. He swam at Harvard and then, I am pretty sure, let himself go to fat. He had the nicest stroke I ever saw--effortlessly elegant. I wish he'd return to the pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by jim thornton
    Floyd, have you ever made the acquaintance of a friend of mine, Tim Neville, who is a lawyer in Boise who does a lot of pro bono work for Native Americans out in Idaho? Tim used to be a great swimmer, and I knew he was a lawyer, but I just found out yesterday about his pro bono work, and thought you might have heard of him. If you ever cross paths, please give him a big hi from me.
    Jim-I don't know Tim. Is he still swimming with the Boise (sawtooth) Masters?
    Floyd, have you ever made the acquaintance of a friend of mine, Tim Neville, who is a lawyer in Boise who does a lot of pro bono work for Native Americans out in Idaho? Tim used to be a great swimmer, and I knew he was a lawyer, but I just found out yesterday about his pro bono work, and thought you might have heard of him. If you ever cross paths, please give him a big hi from me.
    Hey, must have missed some of your posts, but I noticed you passed 200 miles for the year last week...nice.

And I did follow your posts from nationals, but never responded. It sounds like you still had fun, even if you didn't do as well as you expected. Maybe driving in, swimming outside, and especially being rushed the first day, all contributed.

Glad to see you're back! Any races planned for summer?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    That is a long workout for you! Did you feel it?
    It was a lot longer than I usually do, but wasn't too bad. I was struggling a bit with the main set at the end but since Carrie was swimming it with me we pulled each other through it. I used fins on the kick set though because if I hadn't I would still be there.

Since my plans for the summer include some longer stuff and open water I need the longer workouts.
    That is a long workout for you! Did you feel it?
    That was a l-o-n-g workout Floyd!
    I was asked to do some last-minute guarding last night when one of the regulars didn't show. (which I did, instead of staying home with a beer, as intended.) I would like to cash in that credit for the next time I'm stuck in a locker room waiting for one of the college kid guards to open the darn door.
    I'm on the flip side of you as I got to swim with my Dad. I LOVE it that my Dad still competes as it virtually guarantees us one time a year when we get a lot of time together (he lives cross-country in Virginia). In great years, we're at 2 or 3 meets together someplace in the country.

As for time comparisons, don't look back to tech suit times ... those suits were magical.
    Quote Originally Posted by poolraat
    It was really cool that they interviewed us. It was also way cool that Rob Butcher introduced us to Rowdy.

No problems outside. Never hit the lane lines and wasn't bothered by the sun.

I really, REALLY want to come to Auburn but am not sure if I can afford it. Unless I can find a good price on flights and someone to share hotel room with. I didn't spend a lot this past weekend so I have some seed money. Just need to save some more.
    Save more and work on finding a roomate! Auburn is a great pool. My hotel was $109 per night, very reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Loved seeing you and Jared on the Day 4 video!

Did you have any trouble swimming backstroke outside? It seems like your sprint training had been good. Maybe do more bursts and spin drills to work on turnover? I suspect the difference in times was partly due to the suit effect.

Nationals is always fun. I hope you can somehow swing Auburn.
    It was really cool that they interviewed us. It was also way cool that Rob Butcher introduced us to Rowdy.

No problems outside. Never hit the lane lines and wasn't bothered by the sun.

I really, REALLY want to come to Auburn but am not sure if I can afford it. Unless I can find a good price on flights and someone to share hotel room with. I didn't spend a lot this past weekend so I have some seed money. Just need to save some more.
    Loved seeing you and Jared on the Day 4 video!

Did you have any trouble swimming backstroke outside? It seems like your sprint training had been good. Maybe do more bursts and spin drills to work on turnover? I suspect the difference in times was partly due to the suit effect.

Nationals is always fun. I hope you can somehow swing Auburn.
    On the positive side, you had a good time...and your results weren't all that far off.

It's also really neat that you got to swim with your son. Sounds like he did really well.
    Have a safe trip and a wonderful meet! So cool that you'll be at the meet with your son.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Safe travels and good luck to you! When do you get to AZ?
    Thanks! Plan to be there sometime tomorrow evening. Not sure how long the drive from Vegas will take.
    Safe travels and good luck to you! When do you get to AZ?
    Go Fisks!!!
    Nice 200 back workout, Floyd! So glad you have a good coach now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I was seriously considering this meet. I didn't find the entry for it until too late and I'd already signed up for all my other meets. (maybe should get it on the www.snakerivermasters.org website...I found it on the Utah website of all places!!) With the travel to Boise, and all my other meets, I just needed a week off. Maybe this next year I can make a trip down...just need more lead time on the meet dates. I liked how they would let you sign up for unlimited races too!! I would have done the Ironman events, and signed up for all 15 of them. Would've been fun for shock value alone!!
    Here's the link to Sawtooth Masters website. They have a new webmaster so now things should be kept up to date. Also just PM me if you have any questions about what's happening here.

http://www.sawtoothmasters.com/Sawto...ters/Home.html
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast