Blog Comments

Great swims! I was there yesterday (Sat) as well. I would have sought you out to say hi if I knew your real name....I had a semi-lackluster day myself on Sat - due entirely to slacking on my part - and decided not to go in for today's events. Next time...
    Gail Holland (aka Gigi)
    Great swims, Rich! Congratulations!
    Sorry about your twang! I'm battling a pulled muscle too - hopefully, yours will be better in time to race well. Good luck!
    I agree with scy, you still have time to work this out. And it could be a phantom pain in anticipation of your meet (I've gotten them before running races).

Ice, heat, compress, maybe some very light stretching. Do you have KT tape? I'm a huge fan (and I keep some in my gym bag, just in case).
    Hope it clears up for you...with 4 days to go I would be optimistic.
    I never have anything exciting to say either so I just blog and ramble. At least it gives you a chance to write something for yourself each day!
    How's your meditation going?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Are you going to rest for NEMs?
    Yup will back off a week and do a crash taper as an experiment.
    Are you going to rest for NEMs?
    I have done 2 weeks of double plus distance one day and 2 regular swim days and I feel good. Not a plan just random workout combination.
    Since you didn't taper, and especially considering shoveling off your roof, sounds ok. Hope you at least had fun!

Oh, and looks like I'll be in the Boston area at the end of Sep. I'll have more info as it gets closer. At least it would be nice to get together for a workout...and a 100 breast race!
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    How was the meet?
    Hey Tim
    Nothing to shout about--I didn't rest or anything and I shovelled off the roof on Saturday so I knew it would take a toll. I compared meet to meet results.

200 BR 2:56 off my best times by 7-10 secs but only 3 secs off the same meet last year...if I take the shovelling into account it's not too bad.

50 BR 33.4(i think) a bit faster than last year .5

100 BR 1:17 no direct comparison...but I went 1:15 at Harvard last year a month later and tapered.

100 IM I went 1:14...nothing to really compare to as last year I did it tapered and in a B70 for fun and went 1:08 LMAO.
    How was the meet?
    When is your next meet and what events are you focusing on?
    I'm not really an IMer either but I need to do other stuff besides free and breast.
    Got a meet Sunday...think I have 200BR, 50BR, 50FR and 100IM.
    I think I can safely say I won't be stealing this workout. Just not an IM'er. I'll tolerate a 100 (maybe a couple) once in a while.

When is your next meet and what events are you focusing on?
    You're ahead of me too. But I'm gradually getting back where I should be.

And I like that workout. Well, not that I'd like 4 x 200 breast, but I know it is good for me. How much rest did you get with a 4 min interval? I'm wondering if I may need 4:15 or even 4:30 for SCM.
    Hehe trying to stay ahead of my goal on GTD as the tapers hit the yardage.

I think I was getting around 40 sec Tim. It sound like a lot but 200 BR are taxing on the lungs and on the body.
    You're ahead of me too. But I'm gradually getting back where I should be.

And I like that workout. Well, not that I'd like 4 x 200 breast, but I know it is good for me. How much rest did you get with a 4 min interval? I'm wondering if I may need 4:15 or even 4:30 for SCM.
    You're ahead of me!
    Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I don't get the wearing of drag shorts. I must be dense. I would think they would mess up your body position.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    I think they change position a bit so you have to work harder to compensate
    And on the plus side, once you take them off, it feels really easy to go fast, even in a regular drag suit. Speedos/jammers reserved for competition only (my opinion).
    I don't get the wearing of drag shorts. I must be dense. I would think they would mess up your body position.
    I think they change position a bit so you have to work harder to compensate

Boo about the training partner. It's hard to always swim solo.
    Yup she is awesome to swim with--I will miss her.

Good idea on the hard 25s with more rest!
    I jut think this will help me get the pace going again.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    Yeah M = Medium/Moderate.
    It was tougher than it looks when done after the 5SDK set.

Yup did stroke the other day and also swam yesterday so not a huge amount of energy today.
    I've calculated that my drag shorts add about :10 to my 50 K...going to start doing more hard 25 K with more rest with them on.

Sad note: My training partner may be moving away... this will be a loss.

Boo about the training partner. It's hard to always swim solo.

Good idea on the hard 25s with more rest!
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast