Blog Comments

FYI -- my workouts require less writing than do Fort's -- speeds your way to bed
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    ah yeah that was unclear. I coached til 10 last night and swam this morning...easier to print out a workout than think one up when I got home last night.
    OK, then that raises the question, who are coaching till 10 in the evening? I'm gassed by about 9pm each night, good for not much more than vegging on the couch with my 1 hour of TV per day.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I'm asking this, "Why are you swimming at 10pm?
    ah yeah that was unclear. I coached til 10 last night and swam this morning...easier to print out a workout than think one up when I got home last night.
    I'm asking this, "Why are you swimming at 10pm?
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    So on your "bang for buck" rationale...I did a good job on the broken 100 AFAP. I'll have to do a good off the block 100 one day...see what I can go.
    I think both are useful, broken and race simulation. Going above race pace is good for the fast twitch muscles and neural training. Going off the blocks is good for teaching your body 100 pacing. Or else, like I did in Greensboro, you'll be working on your pacing for the first time in a 100 race.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I don't get as much bang for my buck with my fins on free vs. the other strokes. Not sure if it's due to fewer SDKs when swimming free, or to dolphin kick with fins being faster than flutter kick, or because there may be a slight tendency (as least for me) to float the feet/not kick as hard with fins on free.

I like that workout. I may need to do it myself next week.
    So on your "bang for buck" rationale...I did a good job on the broken 100 AFAP. I'll have to do a good off the block 100 one day...see what I can go.
    I don't get as much bang for my buck with my fins on free vs. the other strokes. Not sure if it's due to fewer SDKs when swimming free, or to dolphin kick with fins being faster than flutter kick, or because there may be a slight tendency (as least for me) to float the feet/not kick as hard with fins on free.

I like that workout. I may need to do it myself next week.
    how did you feel? bet you were ready to go when you did get back to it
    Well, I like the stability and reaction time of a track start. If your practiced it more, maybe it would be better for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    hahaha

Looking at your breast, though I'm no expert, I think you might have a faster/stronger pull if you kept your elbows in front of you a tad more and worked on EVF. Check out Soni's pull, lots of forearm action at the start.

Great clean starts on everything. I still think you have more power off the blocks with the grab start rather than the track start you used in free. Was your right foot back a tad too far maybe?
    Yeah, maybe..it felt good up there...but could be in wrong position.
    hahaha

Looking at your breast, though I'm no expert, I think you might have a faster/stronger pull if you kept your elbows in front of you a tad more and worked on EVF. Check out Soni's pull, lots of forearm action at the start.

Great clean starts on everything. I still think you have more power off the blocks with the grab start rather than the track start you used in free. Was your right foot back a tad too far maybe?
    Rich, great write-up and very fun hanging out with you.
    Just a disclaimer on my 200br advice. I do NOT swim that event so anything I say should be taken with a heavy dose of salt!
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Great write-up!!!! And fantastic job on your swims!!!

We'll have to find another meet to do and race another 200 breast.
    That's a really good 50 breast...and the 100 isn't shabby either.
    Thanks Tim. I am pretty happy with them
    Great write-up!!!! And fantastic job on your swims!!!

We'll have to find another meet to do and race another 200 breast.
    That's a really good 50 breast...and the 100 isn't shabby either.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    What a great adventure you all had! And you managed to get in some impressive swimming in amidst it all--congrats!
    Thanks Janet...we had a blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    That poor kitty getting terrorized by Mr. T. Oh well, enjoyed reading your comical trip down I-95. Great time in the 50 breast - I was able to catch it on the live stream.
    Thanks Mike...you next!
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Thats what Leslie looks like when she wears her bling haul from Nationals
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    That poor kitty getting terrorized by Mr. T.
    That poor kitty getting terrorized by Mr. T. Oh well, enjoyed reading your comical trip down I-95. Great time in the 50 breast - I was able to catch it on the live stream.
    What a great adventure you all had! And you managed to get in some impressive swimming in amidst it all--congrats!
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast