Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Roddin
    Wow, that's almost the same expression that Rachel had on her face when Jim decided to hold her and try to throw her in the air a few times!

Great to see you, congrats on your swims!!!
    You too Julie...rocking out the D!!

Call me....
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    You'll be delighted to hear I found my sunglasses! And thank god I still have my iPhone in hand.

Excellent amusing write up and fantastic meet. Love the pic of us unshowered and chlorinated, but ready for beer. You're missing the locating smoothie pic. Is it Pete that had the calm drops?
    Pete's calm drops...LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Swimstud, I'm going to stop saying nice things about you if you slander me by association with "Dubya" anymore

Might be time to change my forums username to protect my reputation!

Great to meet you and thanks again for that tip about legs and blank spaces.
    Haha thanks for the props...I'll pass the acknowledgement on to John (coach).
    Swimstud, I'm going to stop saying nice things about you if you slander me by association with "Dubya" anymore

Might be time to change my forums username to protect my reputation!

Great to meet you and thanks again for that tip about legs and blank spaces.
    Wow, that's almost the same expression that Rachel had on her face when Jim decided to hold her and try to throw her in the air a few times!

Great to see you, congrats on your swims!!!
    You'll be delighted to hear I found my sunglasses! And thank god I still have my iPhone in hand. Insomnia is not conducive to maintaining your possessions.

Excellent amusing write up and fantastic meet. Love the pic of us unshowered and chlorinated, but ready for beer. You're missing the locusting smoothie pic. Is it Pete that had the calm drops?
    Updated April 30th, 2012 at 07:40 PM by The Fortress
    What a bummer about the 50 breast time! Good thing you will have another opportunity at nationals. Perhaps we should all learn a lesson from this. I should consider doing the 50, 100, 200, AND 500 to have just one more backup 50 free split request!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimStud
    Thanks Mark. No i haven't checked it yet, but after zones I don't think it will faze me lol.
    It takes balls to show up and compete at CZ in the men's 40-44 age group. Insanely fast.

That 50 breast time is wrong. You know it, and you'll be faster at Nats anyway.

Great job this weekend! I'm really glad you're going to be at Nationals this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    I will and swimming breaststroke too in 40-44 age group. The CZ will be well-represented.
    I'll say it is!! checked the sheets and at least I made the C final and not the D final...
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Thanks! That 200 gridge time was the first 200 of my 1650. Why we were gridging that, I'm not even sure...

Anyway, I will not be in Greensboro but I will be at Omaha.
    Well have fun at Omaha. I won't be there. I would go to watch Some Guy swim, but I'm not going to watch That Guy
    Thanks...I see you had a nice 200FR too. I'm taking a laizzez faire approach...I've had my semi-gripe about it. If someone goes over before the results are "official" and reinstates a 31 I will be happy.
    That said if I dig into it and they do prove I went :33.1, I won't gain anything except doubt about my ability. So better to believe I am an accidental victim and really am just that fast .

Will you be at Nats....I just want to ask people "Have you seen That Guy swim?"
    Thanks! That 200 gridge time was the first 200 of my 1650. Why we were gridging that, I'm not even sure...

Anyway, I will not be in Greensboro but I will be at Omaha.
    Thanks Mark. No i haven't checked it yet, but after zones I don't think it will faze me lol.

Will you be in NC??
    I will and swimming breaststroke too in 40-44 age group. The CZ will be well-represented.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    Good job!

On very rare occasions, it does. One time I watched a relay where two seconds mysteriously vanished from the timing system during the third leg. Our 3rd guy went 22.0 but the timing system said he went 20.0. Another team was cheering "YEAH school record SCHOOL RECORD woofWOOFwoof etc" but I don't think they actually had that school record once things got sorted out
    Thanks...I see you had a nice 200FR too. I'm taking a laizzez faire approach...I've had my semi-gripe about it. If someone goes over before the results are "official" and reinstates a 31 I will be happy.
    That said if I dig into it and they do prove I went :33.1, I won't gain anything except doubt about my ability. So better to believe I am an accidental victim and really am just that fast .

Will you be at Nats....I just want to ask people "Have you seen That Guy swim?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Rich. Good swims. Have u seen the breaststroke depth at Nats? Sheesh

Will you be in NC??
    Good job!
    the clock never lies
    On very rare occasions, it does. One time I watched a relay where two seconds mysteriously vanished from the timing system during the third leg. Our 3rd guy went 22.0 but the timing system said he went 20.0. Another team was cheering "YEAH school record SCHOOL RECORD woofWOOFwoof etc" but I don't think they actually had that school record once things got sorted out
    Rich. Good swims. Have u seen the breaststroke depth at Nats? Sheesh
    Lol I guess you know all about NQT's then
    I haven't yet gotten one, but it's been on my bucket list for a while... It might help if I swam at a meet once in a while
    Hmm 3 years. Quite a bit can happen in 3 years (both positive and negative).

There was an interesting story about NQT's, I think in a recent Streamlines newsletter.
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Great swims Rich! That 100 breast is really close to the NQT, and I'm sure you'll get that at nationals.

That's really too bad about the 50 breast mix up, I'd be majorly ticked. Especially since it makes a difference between an NQT or not.
    Thanks TJ I'm not too worried. QTs have a 3 year lifespan ( I got the 50 and 100 on prev swims) and the only requirement is that if you put a time for a QT you should realistically have a shot of making it at nats.
    I may have gone 33.1 and swam a bad race...but I don't think the other guys times are right if that is the case. No biggie...it'll happen.

Hope you're keeping in the water!!
    Great swims Rich! That 100 breast is really close to the NQT, and I'm sure you'll get that at nationals.

That's really too bad about the 50 breast mix up, I'd be majorly ticked. Especially since it makes a difference between an NQT or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    This is a good one! I see a Fortness to this workout. A Fortstud. Or Swimstress.
    Hehe Warm up is mine...Rest was hers LOL
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast