Blog Comments

This is a good one! I see a Fortness to this workout. A Fortstud. Or Swimstress.
    I think of the torque drills as a mini in water plyo. Almost like doing a med ball slam but you're simulating a fly pull. I love that drill and wish that I could do it right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Maybe I should have written those 100s as 25 smooth, 25 up tempo, 25 smooth, 25 shooter. Though they were supposed to be hard.

A dirty look would never deter me.
    Don't change them...they were a good mental and physical test. I think if you're trying to do 50 on no breaths, they are a good approximation of how that last 25 will feel.
    Not sure if you intended that but that's my input from doing them.
    Maybe I should have written those 100s as 25 smooth, 25 up tempo, 25 smooth, 25 shooter. Though they were supposed to be hard.

A dirty look would never deter me.
    I only do breast dolphin with fins ... Flutter kick works too for working on lunging forward.

I may do this workout next week. Or do it in reverse with the 25s first.

Breast is very fatiguing. If you need to get your heart rate up fast, do breast.
    That's how I was -- fine during and dead after.

Wanted to make sure you saw this. It's Hardy doing a recovery workout and demo-ing breast drills.
    http://swimswam.com/2012/03/breastro...jessica-hardy/

I want to try the circle fist shrug with flutter kick.
    Updated March 21st, 2012 at 11:08 AM by The Fortress
    Awesome race!
    Not bad for a wimpy sprinter!
    Quote Originally Posted by rxleakem
    2:14, a six second drop from January. I did not lose ground (for the first time ever), and hate to admit it, but the breast felt really good by moving the timing around like you suggested .
    That's great I think you can do more work to improve timing for a smooth stroke but with such a propulsive kick...that seemed like a "fix right now" thing.
    2:14, a six second drop from January. I did not lose ground (for the first time ever), and hate to admit it, but the breast felt really good by moving the timing around like you suggested .
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Great meet Rich! Wish I had seen you race down for the 200 br; but if I had been there I think we would have been in the same heat.

Sounds like a great meet, maybe I'll try to get to it next year so we can race each other again
    You should give it a try Tim...it's a great meet!
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Great meet Rich! Wish I had seen you race down for the 200 br; but if I had been there I think we would have been in the same heat.

Sounds like a great meet, maybe I'll try to get to it next year so we can race each other again
    Mike, saw your time in the IM, fast?

Sorry about that, dude. My Breaststroke tends to make people lose all sense of time since it is slow. But, you swam a great race!

Thanks for you support I hope to put that advice to work soon in the 2im.
    Great job, rich we missed you in the land where albatrossians soar!
    Nice swimming, Rich! Especially the 200 BR. Sounds like the run to your event was just the right amount of warm up for you!
    Great job on that 200 BR PR. I ran to a 1000 free once... the result was NOT a PR
    Congrats on your swims and the PB!

And very nice getting down to the deck quickly--particularly down those stairs.
    200 BR...this is a classic. I was watching from the bleachers as Mike Leake swam his 200 in Heat 9...I had it in my head I was heat 15...NO I was in heat 10...I only realised when heat 9 was approaching the 175 mark..how I made it dow to the deck from the top of the bleachers at Harvard and down to the blocks I do not know...but I did just...I went 2:43.09 for a PB. Pervious best in 09 was 2:45.47...and at Nats in 10 I was 2:46.37. I think I have found my stroke for the 200 and now need to not drift in the 3rd 50.
    We've all had this happen at some point in our lives. I've never been to that pool, but I can imagine other pools that seem similar. You must've been haulin' ass on the stairs and such to get there in time. Nice job on that part!! The adrenaline is what swam your race for you.
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast