Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I probably added wrong. I am a sprinter.

How did you like all those MF shooters?

I'm off to do a lactate workout. Ugh!
    I enjoy the shooters in some kind of perverse way as they are painful...I did :40's but on a couple I came up a bit short as I had someone in the lane with me and it's a distraction...

I enjoyed your workouts this week
    I probably added wrong. I am a sprinter.

How did you like all those MF shooters?

I'm off to do a lactate workout. Ugh!
    Did you do it all freestyle? It does look like an ass kicker to me.
    Yeah Freestyle...If I did the lactate set for stroke I think 3x would be enough.
    I id the middle two lactate sets with fins may have rested a bit extra...
    Did you do it all freestyle? It does look like an ass kicker to me.
    Which chute do you have?

I know I've done 8-10 25s before, always at the end of a sprint workout. It'd be interesting to do chute work at the beginning and maybe do more reps. I just wonder if you could do anything afterward?
    I have the Finis one...it's red...
    I definitely think if you wanted top drawer effort you would want to be fresh.
    Which chute do you have?

I know I've done 8-10 25s before, always at the end of a sprint workout. It'd be interesting to do chute work at the beginning and maybe do more reps. I just wonder if you could do anything afterward?
    Thanks for the idea, Chris!

Rich, I could never do all those fast swims with a parachute! At least not my chute.
    Well I guess it depends on the individual and their shoulders. I do wonder if there is a tipping point where it is not worth doing further chute swims...obviously failure to go beyond cruise would be one indicator.

I got a lot out of my chute workout the other week though. I felt my body working to create the speed when my shoulders began to tire.

Do agree though that perhaps a one time optimum speed set of 4 x 25 "gut buster plus" efforts and then cooling down and doing technique or such has it's value too. I definitely don't want to swim moderately fast with the chute but think I'm hitting sprint.

I swim with a good amount of drag on anyhow so I guess I am used to it a bit...hey it's all good, we'll see how my numbers stack up this season.

PS Don't brag about the size of your chute
    Thanks for the idea, Chris!

Rich, I could never do all those fast swims with a parachute! At least not my chute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stevenson
    It would be interesting (as in, hard) to do this with a parachute.
    Yes I was toying with bringing the chute along. I think the drag races (with chutes) would be great with competition in the next lane and beers on the line...

You could use a chute for all the fast swims in this workout.
    4 x 25 "drag race"
    -- dead start from mid-pool, AFAP to wall and then cruise back to middle of pool
    -- no interval, go when fully rested and ready
    It would be interesting (as in, hard) to do this with a parachute.
    We'll typically just do a few hundreds (maybe 500 or so) with the chute toward the end of practice. I don't think I've worn fins, but have worn paddles a few times. I wear whichever Paul gives me, it is usually yellow or blue.

If you want a challenge, pull a bucket! Not that I have a ton of glide normally, but with that it felt like I had zero glide. When my stroke paused, I halted.
    I use fins when I kick or swim with the parachute. No feet tangles, though sometimes it still gets in the way a bit. Pay around with putting the buckle in the front or back of your tummy. 8-10 of kick and swim is about my max with the chute. I think the people doings 50s and 100s with them are using the tiny chute.
    Yeah it was a lot of chute work but My shoulder don't feel strained. Probably won't do that much again...but it was good fun. I found it interesting how my body awareness changed as I used my core much more consciously...very cool.
    I use fins when I kick or swim with the parachute. No feet tangles, though sometimes it still gets in the way a bit. Pay around with putting the buckle in the front or back of your tummy. 8-10 of kick and swim is about my max with the chute. I think the people doings 50s and 100s with them are using the tiny chute.
    Sweet! Hope Santa didn't run over grandma noodler.
    Loved it!
    Agree with the others, very creative
    Cool! Made me smile.
    Awesome post!!!
    I like it!! Very creative.
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast