Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Yeah, I'd say he deserves it!
    I would have to agree with you on that. And next month we have a masters meet here in town. Double bonus!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Awesome. Must be sweet to have an in-town meet for you.
    Yeah, I'd say he deserves it!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    James is home recovering from the first 3 events from the USAS meet (still has to return). He's likes the competition so far, and is glad that home is 5-10 minutes away when he has a 2 1/2 hour break till the next swim.
    Awesome. Must be sweet to have an in-town meet for you.
    On the stalking front ...
    James is home recovering from the first 3 events from the USAS meet (still has to return). He's likes the competition so far, and is glad that home is 5-10 minutes away when he has a 2 1/2 hour break till the next swim.
    Best blog heading ever. What do they say- accepting the situation is the first stage of recovery?
    Did you see Dawn Heckman's time in the 1500? Wow!
    Yes. And, holy crap! That's out of my league, for sure. Her pacing was a thing of beauty (though, I'm sure the guys she was lapping didn't think so).
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    She got WR's in the 800 and 1500, and chicked everyone. The dude who seeded himself with 15:00.00 got DQ'd - I didn't see what happened there since the live video didn't start until maybe the 500m mark of the final heat.
    Absolutely amazing splits. Her 200s averaged just 5 seconds slower than my all out 200 Free I did a few weeks ago!!
    She got WR's in the 800 and 1500, and chicked everyone. The dude who seeded himself with 15:00.00 got DQ'd - I didn't see what happened there since the live video didn't start until maybe the 500m mark of the final heat.
    Don't worry, you're not the only stalker.

BTW could you turn 90 degrees to the left please? Yeah towards the window. Thanks.
    Nice workouts looks like you are in great shape, I will swim some laps for you at Long beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    As far as Lifetime, I always swim indoors when I'm there -- it's now a novelty to do so!
    Indoors!!??!? I didn't know that was ever an option in the land of the forever sun (or whatever you call it!)

Sorry, there's no link to my small USAS meet this weekend or you could watch it as well. I'll have results up quick though.

Oh..and as far as your plot goes...I've never understood it, but it looks cool!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aztimm
    Are you not heating your pool? Was wondering why you're swimming at Lifetime and not at home.
    Given the heating/chilling system I have on my pool (heat pumps), they start to lose their effectiveness once the night time temps are in the 40s. At some point in my future, I'll add a solar-driven electric heater for the winter months, but I wanted the chilling action for the summer as well as some heating for the fall and spring. I get about 8 months of use out of the pool like this.

As far as Lifetime, I always swim indoors when I'm there -- it's now a novelty to do so!
    Are you not heating your pool? Was wondering why you're swimming at Lifetime and not at home.
    Hope it wasn't too windy and nasty while you were doing this, it got bad down here.

Sounds like some good swimming!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Do you have a link to the psych sheet?
    It's SwimPhone, so a bit of a pain to navigate, but here's the link: http://www.swimphone.com/mobile/meet....cfm?smid=3360. Hopefully, they'll be posting live results.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Nationals are on TV on NBC Sunday from 2-3.
    Thanks for the heads up. Setting the DVR now. The live link on usaswimming's coming through not quite 'hi res' right now.
    Do you have a link to the psych sheet?

Nationals are on TV on NBC Sunday from 2-3.
    Nice plot today- you may be right about the HR signal to rest. But regardless, your speed is definitely there!
    I'll 'watch' virtually and cheer (maybe jeer depending upon how fast they go) on the various Masters folks racing in Long Beach. Looking at the psych sheets and the great competition, I am again bummed I'm not there.
    I'll be doing the same thing- what a great meet.
    I know...I was just throwing that at ya!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I guess that takes you out of TT contention for the "good" events out there then!!
    I should've made my statement more clear: no more hard stuff in my workouts over 200. I'm certainly racing stuff ONLY 200 and longer and going for fast times at the meet.
    No more hard stuff over 200 from here on out
    I guess that takes you out of TT contention for the "good" events out there then!!