Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Those sound like very fast times. Is that SCM? Did you do all flutter kick, or some combination?
    It was SCY and I alternated dolphin-flutter by 25s.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    Your daughter's collegiate coach must have been mortified when she got injured. 'hope she is healed in time to prep for the championship season.
    Yeah, there's never really a good time to break a bone as an athlete. On the upside, in Canadian universities, their conference champs were over our Thanksgiving weekend and she broke it right after that. Her two big championship meets are end of February for the NCAA-equivalent Canadian University Sports champs and then early April for Canadian Trials. She'll definitely be ready by April and hopefully by February,
    Those sound like very fast times. Is that SCM? Did you do all flutter kick, or some combination?
    Your daughter's collegiate coach must have been mortified when she got injured. 'hope she is healed in time to prep for the championship season.
    Quote Originally Posted by flystorms
    So lucky to be able to swim outdoors! Looks like a small, wet slice of heaven.
    All correct except it's a BIG slice of heaven! They have another 6 or 8 lane 25 yard pool in addition to this beautiful long course pool.
    So lucky to be able to swim outdoors! Looks like a small, wet slice of heaven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Dickson
    Good to see you this weekend. I thought I would abuse myself in some hot tub water this am (Arrowhead country club) before popping off to work. 32:43. See you in the spring...happy training.
    That's a nice time ... should lock up your Postal Sweep! Gives me a goal to shoot for.
    Good to see you this weekend. I thought I would abuse myself in some hot tub water this am (Arrowhead country club) before popping off to work. 32:43. See you in the spring...happy training.
    yeah....kinda odd. I think they'll all be under. I would have just manned up and put 1:59. Fear of committment I guess. See you Saturday.
    Nice work! Did you go more days/week or did you add a bit more time to each workout to get the increased mileage?
    With the exception of February, I have averaged 23.5 workouts per month and did 24 in October, so it was primarily through picking up my average volume per workout.
    Nice work! Did you go more days/week or did you add a bit more time to each workout to get the increased mileage?
    One of the biggest o/w swims I've done in AZ was my first, in Tempe Town Lake in conjunction with the Tempe Octoberfest (late Sep/early Oct). I think it was the first event actually in the lake water (some boating races had happened). If I remember correctly, they gave a pass either for the Octoberfest or something... There were at least 100 swimmers for that, maybe even more, and it was a 4k (can't remember if they had shorter distances too).
    This was before I was at my current company, so I'm guessing in 2004 or 2005.

For your Lake Pleasant swim, I would have thought you'd do the 1500m...then turn around and do the 4500m
    Do they still allow multiple swims like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Seems and looks like a great spot for an OW race. Are the water levels down from drought?.
    I am not sure why the water levels are so low. Virtually all of our lakes are dammed and one of the other swimmers said that just a few weeks ago, the water levels were much, much higher.
    Seems and looks like a great spot for an OW race. Are the water levels down from drought?

Way to go in the 1500.
    Awesome job Patrick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Patrick, I don't think I know of or have seen anyone who works harder than you do - juggling so many things, from work to finding pools, getting in laps, and tracking where you are. The success in all these arenas is so well deserved, resulting from your incredibly hard work - congrats.
    Thanks for the praise. I can certainly think of many people who do more with more challenges than I face, but I appreciate the kind words!
    Patrick, I don't think I know of or have seen anyone who works harder than you do - juggling so many things, from work to finding pools, getting in laps, and tracking where you are. The success in all these arenas is so well deserved, resulting from your incredibly hard work - congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwimDogs
    Thanks for the SHOUT OUT, Patrick!

I was hoping that you'd drop the ball on Stage Three, so I could claim victory. Alas, that was not the case.

It's funny how people of such varying ability have used the Postal Swimtathlon League as motivation to swim "outside the box". The two 22-year-old twins in SC, the 88-year-old gentleman in CA, and the 94-year-old gal in MT. I'm happy to say that I also got my wife to complete Stage Three, and she was VERY happy about her accomplishment. It's fun to read the feedback.

Keep up the great work, and again, thanks for the PROPS!

Mark
    Thanks for the event, Mark. It has been a good motivator. I am thinking for the 4th quarter I am going to challenge myself to repeat ALL events from Stages 1, 2 and 3!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    Those are good times in a shallow pool. I will assume that you didn't build a 8 feet deep 2 lane pool.
    No. The pool is 5.5 feet for about half the length and then slopes up to 4 feet. I actually wanted to go for 6' depth the whole way, but was overruled by the finances (our ground under our house goes to rock, I gather after about 5.5 feet and the pool contractor was going to charge much more to go deeper) and my wife (who is 5'4")!
    Thanks for the SHOUT OUT, Patrick!

I was hoping that you'd drop the ball on Stage Three, so I could claim victory. Alas, that was not the case.

It's funny how people of such varying ability have used the Postal Swimtathlon League as motivation to swim "outside the box". The two 22-year-old twins in SC, the 88-year-old gentleman in CA, and the 94-year-old gal in MT. I'm happy to say that I also got my wife to complete Stage Three, and she was VERY happy about her accomplishment. It's fun to read the feedback.

Keep up the great work, and again, thanks for the PROPS!

Mark
    Those are good times in a shallow pool. I will assume that you didn't build a 8 feet deep 2 lane pool.
    The "church pool" is gorgeous!
    It was beautiful. With no lane ropes and two other guys in there, it was more like open water training than pool training, but wonderful. I quite liked staying in the old hotel, as well.

This is a better article about Ms. Morgan's aquatic achievements with even better pictures - http://theculturetrip.com/north-amer...-julia-morgan/.