Blog Comments

Quote Originally Posted by jroddin
    I actually tried this set the other day after seeing your post last month about it. My pool is SCM, so I did your intervals. Part of the problem, though, is I typically only swim 1500-1700 per workout (which includes warm up, main set, warm down). So I modified and did 500 easy and then did the following:
    8x50 on 1:00 (34, 38, 41, 34)
    4x100 IM on 1:50 (1:19, 1:17, 1:15, 1:13)
    2x200 IM on 3:32 (NS, NS)
    400 IM (SCR)

I knew I would never make it to the 400 IM before I even started, but had hoped to at least do one of the 200s. Looks like I have my work cut out for me...! But thanks for the inspiration!

Jeff
    Glad I inspired, but now I want to figure out how to swim as speedy as you do on 1500-1700 a workout! When are you starting your Ultra Short Roddin Speed blog?
    I actually tried this set the other day after seeing your post last month about it. My pool is SCM, so I did your intervals. Part of the problem, though, is I typically only swim 1500-1700 per workout (which includes warm up, main set, warm down). So I modified and did 500 easy and then did the following:
    8x50 on 1:00 (34, 38, 41, 34)
    4x100 IM on 1:50 (1:19, 1:17, 1:15, 1:13)
    2x200 IM on 3:32 (NS, NS)
    400 IM (SCR)

I knew I would never make it to the 400 IM before I even started, but had hoped to at least do one of the 200s. Looks like I have my work cut out for me...! But thanks for the inspiration!

Jeff
    Ooohhh just the thought of that workout brings chills. It hurt so bad!!!

you did great and I will pass along your praise(with a groan since it will likely inspire him to develop an even more painful version of 16x100. He mentioned 8x200 earlier this week at race pace).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    Looks pretty cool - nont much has been said about it back here in NJ or at least in the southern part.
    I gather it's still pretty new-ly opened. I feel doubly privileged to have swum in it so early in its life.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekw
    The diners are good too!
    I will agree with that. Other than some Thai places I know and Italian restaurants, the only others I trust in NJ are the diners (which I quite like and had breakfast in one this AM!)
    Looks pretty cool - nont much has been said about it back here in NJ or at least in the southern part.
    The diners are good too!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Very nice swim for May! How much long course training have you done this season?
    Thanks, Kirk. So far, I've only gotten in two LCM workouts, so this was pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Good job Patrick. Looks like you're well set up for a good taper meet later this year
    Thanks, Mark. I'm not sure what will be my taper meet, but it will probably be a single day where I either point to the 1500 or the 400 IM.
    Very nice swim for May! How much long course training have you done this season?
    Good job Patrick. Looks like you're well set up for a good taper meet later this year
    I signed up for the Swimtathlon too. I like having the opportunity to submit times in both practices and meets. Nice job on your 100 breast! Especially with all the work done beforehand.
    One of the topics of conversation was the paradox of being able to compete like hell in the pool / races, but remain friends outside of the pool. Unbeknownst to me, there was a lot of very non-positive drama in some of the women's events (and, maybe, in other age groups, the men's events).
    Really? I guess I could see this happening, but I've never personally experienced it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Dickson
    Didn't get called in but my wife had day off of competing at masters cycling nationals today so I was able to do a pretty quality 5k postal at Greensboro aquatic center today--103.28).
    Sweet 5K.

Man, I really hope you like Greensboro for all the time you'll spend there this year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Dickson
    Didn't get called in but my wife had day off of competing at masters cycling nationals today so I was able to do a pretty quality 5k postal at Greensboro aquatic center today--103.28).

It is good to have friends and genuinely good people to compete against (although admittedly, there are a few professional sandbaggers that piss me off&#128542.
    i really don't appreciate being called a professional sandbagger

great at time on the 5k

It is good to have friends and genuinely good people to compete against (although admittedly, there are a few professional sandbaggers that piss me off&#128542.
    That set is a rough one and should only be attempted with swim friends. Do not attempt that on your own. Good show though Patrick. I'd have kept you company at the 1:10 level
    Thanks for the invite. See you next time.
    I can relate in the sleep front. When I have to get up early I generally keep myself awake worrying about going to sleep or worrying about oversleeping. It's weird how that works.

Looking forward to to swimming with you on Monday and Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S

This SCM meet will be sanctioned:
    http://usamastersgames.com/extra.asp?ID=6909
    Yes, I saw that and heard about it when I was there. I'd love to go back there and race SCM in Greensboro, but the timing won't work for me to be on the east coast then
Page 7 of 362 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast