Blog Comments

You're very kind. I noticed you get in about 6500 for your workouts (animal!). Just trying to get back in shape & then on to hopefully some decent times.
    You swim at FGCU - Florida Gulf Coast? That is a lovely facility - went there a few summers ago for Senior Champs.
    This is a great next level developmental workout in consideration of your circumstances! Your persistence is impressive, and inspires others such a myself towards making a best effort as possible day by day.
    Sound advice Sojerz. I don't work every day cuz I do 12 hour shifts, so I only ride on my "off" days - and I did both rides at 9:30am - once most people & kids were either at work or school! Got myself a pretty blue helmet before I went on my first ride - gotta look into those gloves you're talking about though! Stupid carpal tunnel surgery. . . .
    It's amazing how my legs don't even feel the least little bit tired yet!
    Ride sensibly, Celeste - review some of the road rules for cyclists on the web. Helmet for sure, and bright clothes, if you can. Very important to make eye contact with motoists at intersections before crossing in front of them, otherwise STOP. Dusk and night are more dangerous, i think and avoid if you can. There are gloves to protect your hands with gel palm padding to prevent numbing from grip. Hope you enjoy it.
    Sounds very frustrating. We always want to do more, and you will. But 4200 is pretty good for right now!
    Me too! Have you seen many of the swimming memes? Quite a few of them are hilarious!
    LOVE that picture!
    Don't know - hate to say it, but I have a sneaky suspicion that it might be related to aging. Seems like the older I get, the more perfect the conditions have to be for me to declare it a "great" workout.
    I remember reading a book (about weight loss or something) where they talked about how we negotiate with our body - and eventually our body learns to "man up" and "shut up" about what we require of it, if we do it often enough. But warmup, that's where the negotiating takes place, doesn't it?
    Anyway, glad I could be of some assistance. Keep on swimmin'!
    Celeste, thanks for the warmup tip, i used it this morning alternating 50s fr and bk for 2x thru both 200 sw and 200 pulls and seemed to stay loose. Interestingly, when I ran last night with our road runners group, i noticed my upper body tightening up a few hundred yds out and gradually loosening by about 1/4 mile or so. I'm wondering if it's the transition from anerobic to aerobic energy system that I'm sensing - at this age they are probably wondering what ru thinking and just trying to stall.
    Thanks - I'm sort of ignoring it for the most part - but I hadn't realized I was actually THIRTY miles behind! Geez - I'll have to do 5000 a day five days a week for the rest of the year! Luckily I LIKE distance.
    I feel for you. Back in the early part of the year when i couldn't swim all I wanted, I minimized that little GTD update on my flog--didn't need to see it fussing at me when I was already frustrated about not being able to swim very much! I didn't let it "talk" to me until I was back on track towards my goal.
    It sounds like you're making good progress towards getting back to your familiar strong swimming self!
    Glad you're back in the pool!

Mission locale seems pretty sweet too.
    Glad you're back in the water!! The paddles can wait--it must feel great to be swimming again!
    Thanks!
    Ignore the wizard behind the GTD curtain - he has neither heart, brain, or courage to provide. Hope your recovery goes well.
    Thx swimsuit addict! I'd just shorten it and call you "addict" but that would be rather presumptuous, wouldn't it - considering I'm the one taking the Percocet this week?!! I think this month off will hopefully not only (eventually) improve my arm strength, but will also make me super hungry to go after it in the pool. Just noticed that the PAN AM Masters is in Sarasota next summer - only 6 hours from home! I am totally there!!
    Good for you to get in a pre-hospital workout! Wishing you all the best during your recovery.
    Thanks Fort! And me too!
    Great job at the meet! I missed the report before.

Hope the surgery went well. I hope you will be pain free as a result.
    Thanks everybody! And yes, you're right, being below the minute mark is so much more satisfying that landing right on it!
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast