Blog Comments

Bit of a rough year for me. Only two sessions swimming for a total of 1150 yds. I did a ton of spinning and calisthenics, and quite a bit of walking so I feel like I made the best with what I could do. (I blogged about it on 12/31/20)

Vague hopes of going to UT with the family this summer. Hoping to get an effective vaccine asap.

If you like long cold water swims, have you tried Magog on the VT/Canada border? Beautiful place. (I wouldn't even dip my toe in the water, but it sounds like you would be ok.) The full length of the lake is 30-somethng miles, but I think they have shorter options for more sensible folks. Also, no race that I know of, but folks swim across lake Champlain from Burlington VT to NY. That water can be a pretty sensible temperature by the end of summer. As I recall it's 7 miles so not preposterous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl_S
    That's a lot of swimming, and in some picturesque locations too!
    Best of luck continuing to work your swimming around the pandemic this year.
    Thanks Karl! Hope you're doing ok! Are you still swimming? I think you're in the Philly area? I know Tom has gotten in some swims, though not nearly as much as he'd like.

Yea, I tried to make the most of it. Since I wasn't going to the gym like I used to, I made up the time with more swimming
    I did a roadtrip to/from Utah for the Bear Lake swim in July, and stopped to swim in some lakes along the way. For the August swim in Utah I flew, but really didn't feel comfortable with that (and cases were much lower then). I did another roadtrip to Chattanooga in October when Suck was supposed to happen, and did some swimming in the TN river (my Airbnb was right on the river, so I swam at least once a day).
    That's a lot of swimming, and in some picturesque locations too!
    Best of luck continuing to work your swimming around the pandemic this year.