Rate this Entry
Drylands:

Hit the raquetball court first and did:

5-7 minutes of med ball slamming
5 x 100 jump rope hops
5-7 minutes of med ball slamming
5 x 100 jump rope hops
5-7 minutes of med ball slamming.

With the med ball, I did standing slams, forward slams, standing twisting slams and twisting slams against the walls ala the RA med ball game.

Other Core:

back extensions w/10 lb plate, 2 x 15
flutter kick on bosu, 2 x 50 (this is a really good core exercise; going to add ankle weights next time -- if I can find mine)
plank with feet on yoga ball, 2 x 1:00
wall sit against bosu w/med ball on lap, 2 x 1:00 (Water Rat, if you're reading, try your wall sits this way. It's harder!)
box jumps, 1 x 10
altitude drops, 1 x 10
elevated push ups, 2 x 15
skull crushers, 40 x 2 x 15

RC:

seated straight arm dips, 60 x 2 x 25
internal and external rotators, 10 x 1 x 15, each side
ball on wall, 1 x 50
arm circles, 2 x 50 each way

10 minutes stretching

20 minutes on bike

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Commentary:

I am in sad jump roping shape ... My legs felt pretty dead on the first set, but I persevered and it got a bit easier. Med ball slams rock.

I'm still lacking some energy from the detox. Just had an exciting dinner of asparagus and pear before I cook the fam food I can't eat. The caffeine withdrawal is still proceeding better than expected. I miss salmon, steak and chard the most. Potato chips too, of course.

Not sure if I'll make it to the pool tomorrow, as I have to fuss with my hair. I love being a "ginger," but it is a fair bit of maintenance. Plus, I keep tinkering with the color somewhat.

I can't believe it's mid June already ...

Managed to do some shopping without Q ...

Submit "More Drylands, June 15" to Digg Submit "More Drylands, June 15" to del.icio.us Submit "More Drylands, June 15" to StumbleUpon Submit "More Drylands, June 15" to Google

Updated June 15th, 2010 at 07:42 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Strength Training and Dryland Workouts , Spinning

Comments

I can't believe it's mid June already ...
    Same thought as well.
    July 4th always seemed like the middle of summer...and it's almost here!

That some pretty busy dryland work.
    What are altitude drops?
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver
    Same thought as well.
    July 4th always seemed like the middle of summer...and it's almost here!

That some pretty busy dryland work.
    I'm just glad I have no LC plans. I'd be completely unprepared!

I was at the gym for awhile. I can definitely feel the slams and jump roping already.
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    What are altitude drops?
    The reverse of box jumps. You start on top of the box, then jump vertically into the air and away from the box, and then land in a squat position. You need good knees for this exercise! I was shown this exercise in my session with the trainer a few months ago. He has clients dropping from 4-6 feet. I just use the 18 inch box at the gym and try to get higher with the vertical jump.
    OK, I'm way behind on my inside blog references, but WTF w/Q & shopping?
    Managed to do some shopping without Q ...
    Gotta get me a jump rope. Maybe tomorrow.
    Great job sticking with the detox! It's good to hear how well you're doing without caffeine- it could have been a lot worse (the worst of any withdrawal probably would have occurred already) based on Laura's withdrawal research, FYI:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15448977
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    OK, I'm way behind on my inside blog references, but WTF w/Q & shopping?

If you'd read Geek's blog the last couple days, you'd see that Q is just full of shopping tips. Geek and I hate to shop so Q is our "shopping girlfriend."

Everything I've read about jump roping suggests it's great for fitness. I posted a link a week or two ago with info on routines, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    Great job sticking with the detox! It's good to hear how well you're doing without caffeine- it could have been a lot worse (the worst of any withdrawal probably would have occurred already) based on Laura's withdrawal research, FYI:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15448977
    Thanks for the link. I have some of those symptoms (foggy, less energy) -- just not nearly as badly as I anticipated. It may have helped that I started my detox on Friday, so had the weekend days to sleep in some. I was warned that you would get the symptoms even if you were only having one cup of coffee per day. I was told these would help and they seem to: http://www.organic-pharmacy.com/meta.../AdvaClear.htm
    That's tough having to cook something you can't eat. I don't know that I could do it! I admire your discipline!

Nice workout today!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    If you'd read Geek's blog the last couple days, you'd see that Q is just full of shopping tips. Geek and I hate to shop so Q is our "shopping girlfriend."
    I try to help someone out, and this is what it gets me.
    Let me know if you need help searching for one on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by elise526
    That's tough having to cook something you can't eat. I don't know that I could do it! I admire your discipline!

Nice workout today!
    Well, it's very short term. Long term, no way. I'm mostly motivated by wanting to "flush" my system as I've had ongoing GI/bloating type issues. The detox is definitely working in this regard. Though I may also break down and get tested for food allergies.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Let me know if you need help searching for one on the internet.
    I'm sure you'd do much better than me.

I have a power system jump rope. But when I googled, I got so many results that I have no idea which one I bought: http://www.power-systems.com/t-searc...&sa.x=0&sa.y=0. I'm sure Q would know which one is best.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I'm sure you'd do much better than me.

I have a power system jump rope. But when I googled, I got so many results that I have no idea which one I bought: http://www.power-systems.com/t-searc...&sa.x=0&sa.y=0. I'm sure Q would know which one is best.
    You mean I can't just walk into Sports Authority or Target and buy the cheapest piece of rope with handles I can find?
    You mean I can't just walk into Sports Authority or Target and buy the cheapest piece of rope with handles I can find?
    You don't think any old rope will deserve the "ropina" moniker, do you?
    You are like 6'4" right? You might want to at least check the length of the rope. They can be made shorter, but I have not seen one that gets longer.

I think Fort might be making fun of me for occasionally over researching things.
    I'm sure some generic brand, mostly for kid use, will be just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain

I think Fort might be making fun of me for occasionally over researching things.
    I think that you might be exaggerating with the use of "occasionally."
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    You don't think any old rope will deserve the "ropina" moniker, do you?
    I'm not going that far. The jump rope is definitely not in the Fortina/Dolphina category.