View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Friday 08062010

Rate this Entry
by , August 6th, 2010 at 06:00 PM (789 Views)
Blogging from my iphone so i apologize if this doesn't look pretty or if there's typos.
lMade it to swim workout this morning with the team, Mesa kino aquatic center, scy
Paul and Sheila were on deck, I was in one of Paul's groups

Was the first one there and first in the water, got in 1000 wu various

16 x 25 @ :30
50 easy
12 x 50 @ 1:00, 2 dps, 1 at 200 pace
100 easy

T-30 (quite a surprise!)
Did 2300 yds in the 30 min

100 wd

Total: 4550 yds

Quick notes--
There were at least 3 choices, but it had been a long time since I've done a true distance set, so I went with it.
Water was on the warm side and aerators not turned on.
We had about 10 people do this set. Lindsay, the big fly gal, swam it, I told her ahead if time....you know this is distance? She's training for the Maui channel an Waikiki roughwater swims later this year so she said she'd better get used to it. Surprisingly, I stayed within 15-20 yds of her the whole time.

Arrived in Portland earlier and it is so nice being able to just stroll around outside. Temp is around 70ish. Plan to check out the downtown area today, maybe spend some time at Powell's books before dinner at huber's. Then of course my flyertalk forum run in the morning....

Submit "Friday 08062010" to Digg Submit "Friday 08062010" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday 08062010" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday 08062010" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Looks like you should be using 1:20s as your base.
    that is a very good showing in your T-30. Enjoy the non-120 degree temps.
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Looks like you should be using 1:20s as your base.
    Thanks. I did 4525 for the T-60 back in Jan, so I guess this is nearly straight on. Water temp was definitely a factor today, but if I remember, it was warm then too (but air temp was definitely cooler then).

So if I can hold 1:20 or less for a set like this, you think I should hold 1:20 for 100s in workout?
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    that is a very good showing in your T-30. Enjoy the non-120 degree temps.
    Thanks! Not the 3000+ you'd get in, but I'm happy with it. Definitely helped having Lindsay to pace off of. I've never seen her do more than a 200 straight before, is why I gave her a ribbing. She did a 100 back about every 400, which kept my count on-track.
    Enjoy your time in Portland! And nice job on the 30-minute swim--that's an impressive total!