View RSS Feed

Workout Swimmer

Ruminations: my love/hate relationship with my job!

Rate this Entry
by , January 10th, 2011 at 10:42 PM (707 Views)
I love being a nurse practitioner! Truly! I think my patients like me too. Most of the time I enjoy patient teaching, and finding ways to help people live better, healthier (more pain free?) lives. Today, however I was just so frustrated! Ever since I got this job (last July) I have been trying to find a way to swim at lunch again. Mannn! I miss swimming at lunch! I miss the sunshine, I miss the camaraderie, I miss the competition! I love how swimming at lunch really breaks up your day, too. Anyways, I knew I had a light schedule today, only about 9 patients this morning, and the last one was scheduled at 11:15. (Practice starts at about 11:30ish & it takes me 12 minutes to get to the pool from my office.) So around 11:05, I notice this last AM patient has signed in, and I'm thinking, cool, I'm gonna get in a double today! After all urgent visits are usually short, sweet & to the point, right? They are sick! They want their prescription, and then they want to go home and back to bed. Well, my nurse finally gets the patient back at 11:31, & I get to see her at 11:35, and at 11:58 after talking waaay too long about why you don't use chairs with wheels on them to stand on to rearrange your closet shelves & that she was lucky she didn't break her osteoporotic neck! I finally was "free" for my lunch break. And of course, once again, it is much too late to even bother going to the pool. Frustration!! I swear, in February, after all the stupid insurance verifications have been done & the schedule is a bit more reliable, I am going to get up the nerve & just TELL them, that I will be leaving at 11:15 on Mondays and Wednesdays to swim. I will see an extra person or two on Tuesday or Thursday if they want, but I need to get the heck out of Dodge! Geez!

So this morning, I swam in the (cold) rain, LCM:
600 WU
5 x 400 - #1&2 swim, #3 pull no paddles, #4 pull w/paddles, #5 fins (Leisurely interval of 6:30)
100 EZ
6 x 50 kick @ 1:00
300 cool down (50 Br/50 Fr/100 Br/50 Fr/50 Br)
TOTAL: 3300 LCM

Submit "Ruminations: my love/hate relationship with my job!" to Digg Submit "Ruminations: my love/hate relationship with my job!" to del.icio.us Submit "Ruminations: my love/hate relationship with my job!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Ruminations: my love/hate relationship with my job!" to Google

Updated January 11th, 2011 at 07:49 PM by Celestial

Categories
Swim Workouts , Planning

Comments