View RSS Feed

Workout Swimmer

Random Thoughts

Rate this Entry
by , January 12th, 2011 at 09:53 PM (454 Views)
Swam today under the bubble at Meyers, which was lovely since it was below 30 outside. Things were going "swimmingly" until I had the foolish notion of putting hand paddles on for my pull set. What was I thinking? Shortly into the 6 100's I realized that I was going to hurt, but by then it was too late, and I had to prove (to who?) that I could finish & not wimp out! That blew the rest of the workout & I hurt most of the morning. Put some BioFreeze on it at lunch, and the old elbows are feeling a bit better now.
Just some random thoughts:
Only idiots and swim coaches go to the pool at 5:30 am when it's not even 30 degrees outside.
The biggest idiots are the ones who go to the pool, in the dark, at 5:30am, when it's only 30 degrees outside & they walk to the outside pool with nothing but a wet swimsuit on!!
Sleeping in definitely has it's merits - especially at the end of the day.
Grapefruit juice is better going down than coming back up.
Not all of the morons in the city are to be found visiting my office. Some of them are in the pool with me. Some of them are pharmacists too, but I shall leave that for another day.
It's always best to make sure you have underwear in the pool bag before you drive across the city & jump in the pool at 5:30am.
Reverse circle swimming is not for the feeble minded. Accidents can and do happen, at a variety of speeds.
And less any of my fellow swimmers forget, the older the suit, the more likely you are to tear the bottom out sitting on the deck. . .with everyone else noticing except yourself!

~Me~

Submit "Random Thoughts" to Digg Submit "Random Thoughts" to del.icio.us Submit "Random Thoughts" to StumbleUpon Submit "Random Thoughts" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments