View RSS Feed

aztimm's training blog

Sunday 01162011, back to life?

Rate this Entry
by , January 16th, 2011 at 12:04 PM (675 Views)
it had been since Monday 1/10 that I did anything workout-related, but I hardly count that right now. I swam (3800m) and ran (11.87 very slow miles), but I think I was delirious, especially on the run, as my pace was somewhere around 9:20.

anyway, I caught something that set me back quite a bit. not sure if it was the flu, but certainly flu-like, with fever, coughing, sneezing, stuffy head, overall body soreness, etc. thankfully I am able to work from home, and did that Wed-Friday. by late Thursday, I had enough and went to the urgent care. the doctor prescribed an antibiotic and some prescription cough syrup.

today I decided to go out for a little run.
I did have my Garmin, but it died somewhere around 3.5 miles. took the dog with me, but she wasn't feeling too well (I won't go into detail on that). I think I ran around 4 miles, held around 8:35 pace overall.

at this point, I'm not sure if I'll still do the marathon I signed up for next month, switch to the half, or just skip it entirely. around 2 years ago, I caught something horrible while on vacation, didn't run at all for 3 weeks, and still managed to finish (though it wasn't pretty) the Phoenix marathon around a month later. my training has been much better this time, so I might be ok.

Submit "Sunday 01162011, back to life?" to Digg Submit "Sunday 01162011, back to life?" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday 01162011, back to life?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday 01162011, back to life?" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I was wondering what happened. Glad, you are feeling better.
    Maybe think of it as a recovery week for your body?

Hope you feel better very soon!
    Thanks to you both! Seems the best remedy really is just time. I'm trying not to rush full-on back into my usual routine...and have a repeat onslaught of this sickness. But a little bit every day should be ok.