View RSS Feed

Too Neurotic to be Suitably Aquatic

Smooth it out

Rate this Entry
Swam at the Y again this morning. It's still really hot there, but so convenient to work! Also, I traded a swim pass for 3 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies since it's now been 4 days that I've been following the doctor's advice and not eating sugar, and those cookies were just taunting me.

Here was the workout, adapted from Tall Paul:

4x25 swim
4x50 IMO
4x75 drill / kick / swim
4x100 swim

6x100 @ 1:50 smooth
200 fast @ 3:15
6x50 @ 1:00 smooth
4x25 IMO

6x100 @ 1:45 smooth
200 fast @ 3:00
6x50 @ :50 smooth
4x25 IMO

kick:
100 no splash
50 fast
100 no splash
50 fast

100 warm down

3800 total

I gave myself some longer intervals than I've been doing lately, and it felt good. With that extra rest, I was able to concentrate on early arm engagement, keeping my head down, and streamlining off the walls. I easily held the 100's at 1:25.

Still feeling no significant pain from yesterday's run, although the soles of my feet were a little tender, and my calves felt wicked tight, mostly noticeable while going down stairs.

After work I went to the gym, we worked on more classic lifts:

Bench press - 70 lbs
Squats - 70 lbs
Deadlift - 65 lbs

plus we've got an isometric routine started, taken from that Men's health article which has inspired the classic lift routine:

Leg lifts - 30 on each side
shoulders - 40 on each side
upper back - 30, twice
plank - 40 seconds

Still got some work to do there.

Feeling good! I'm taking tomorrow off from working out, unless you count bowling night with the BF. Can one FLOG bowling, I wonder?

Submit "Smooth it out" to Digg Submit "Smooth it out" to del.icio.us Submit "Smooth it out" to StumbleUpon Submit "Smooth it out" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

If I can FLOG massages, you can certainly FLOG bowling!

(I put them under "other," just to keep track of how long I've gone since the last one.)
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    If I can FLOG massages, you can certainly FLOG bowling!

(I put them under "other," just to keep track of how long I've gone since the last one.)
    Now you've got me thinking that a massage would be such a better date option for tonight!
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmerb212
    Now you've got me thinking that a massage would be such a better date option for tonight!
    A massage is never the wrong option!