View RSS Feed

Too Neurotic to be Suitably Aquatic

No clock, lots of IM

Rate this Entry
HAPPY SWIMS to everyone going to Nationals! I'll be participating in the NYC Parks & Rec Commissioner's Cup Trophy Relay Meet on Sunday, which is a FREE meet, yee-haw! I don't think the stakes could be any different between these two meets. This morning, while I was swimming at the Y, which will be my last swim time until Sunday, it occurred to me that I should train for some of my events on Sunday. Except I can't remember what I signed up for, so I just did my workout. Which was as follows:

1000 warm-up
(250 drill, 500 swim, 250 swim with "open water" turns (turn at the flags, don't touch the wall.))

3x:
75 fly drill
50 back drill
25 breast drill

16x25, 1-8 head up, 9-16 catch up

3x200:
#1: 25 fl, 50 bk, 50br, 75 fr
#2: 25 fl, 50 bk, 75br, 50 fr
#3: 25 fl, 75 bk, 50br, 50 fr

500 pull
2x300 IM (75 each stroke)
300 IM kick
6x100 pull
4x100 IM
150 EZ

5000 total

I don't know where I got this workout, but I had written it down as 5,000, but as I was swimming it I realized it was only 4,200, so I added the 500 and the extra 300 IM to round it out. It took a while because I didn't do any intervals at all, but I still managed to make it to the early bus.

Safe travels to AZ, and wherever you're going this weekend! (I can't wait to find out what I'm swimming on Sunday!)

Submit "No clock, lots of IM" to Digg Submit "No clock, lots of IM" to del.icio.us Submit "No clock, lots of IM" to StumbleUpon Submit "No clock, lots of IM" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck at the meet tomorrow, whatever you end up swimming!
    I'm not going to be there after all--but I"m definitely looking forward to reading your account of it.