View RSS Feed

Too Neurotic to be Suitably Aquatic

Swiming with the FISHes

Rate this Entry
Crazy crazy busy right now, but I have 5 minutes so here goes...

CONGRATS to everyone at Nationals! It was again inspiring to watch all those swims and broken records and people who are just out there doing it. At this time, I would like to state my intent to try to go to 2012, my last year to set some times in the 30-34 age group!

Last Sunday, I swam in the NYC Parks & Rec meet, and had 3 out of 4 personal bests. And one 1/100th off a PR...
200 free - 2:29.84 PR!
50 free - 32.27 PR!
50 fly - 44.26 (prev. PR is 44.25)
100 IM - 1:28.05 PR!

That 200 free was the most damn near perfect swim I've had to date. I was so happy during the whole meet, even that last 25 of the fly where I totally lost my form. What a well-run event in a great pool.

My parents & sister also came to watch, and side note, we had an awesome lunch of rice & beans at an Equadorian food truck in the park after the meet.

On Monday, Coach came back to work, and I returned to swimming with the FISH! It was great to be in a cold pool with other swimmers, although I forgot about how much one can get beat up in our really narrow lanes. On my first 25 of fly, I knocked my hand right into the laser-sharp lane lines and re-opened the cut on my hand that had had 6 weeks to heal. I wrote a previously-blogged workout for everyone.

This Saturday, I'm going to the Ballston Spa Spring Fling meet, with the claim to fame for giving awards to pentathlon swimmers. (Swim all the 50's, 100's or 200's.) I signed up for the 100's, which should be special considering how tired I am right now. (I hit the weights Tuesday and this morning). Also, I just checked out my competition - there's one other person in my age group, also doing all the 100's, and she's like 5 seconds faster than me on every race. So it looks like I'll be Miss 2nd place unless I pull something out of nowhere. This will be one of those "finishing was the real reward" kind of meets, I suppose.

Lunch break over, so happy swims, all!

Submit "Swiming with the FISHes" to Digg Submit "Swiming with the FISHes" to del.icio.us Submit "Swiming with the FISHes" to StumbleUpon Submit "Swiming with the FISHes" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Nice job on the PR's. It will also be my last hurrah for the 30-34 age group at 2012 SCY Nats...I'm hoping to go, but we'll see on the $$$$$$ and the wife! <-- That's the harder part.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Nice job on the PR's. It will also be my last hurrah for the 30-34 age group at 2012 SCY Nats...I'm hoping to go, but we'll see on the $$$$$$ and the wife! <-- That's the harder part.
    Good point! I'll have to make sure to stay unmarried until at least the summer of 2012.
    Hey, great job at the meet. I'm sorry I missed seeing such fabulous swims. It's great to do a swim right off the bat that leaves you happy the rest of the meet.
    Good luck this Saturday! I wouldn't put pulling something out of nowhere past you.
    (Yes, that last sentence is a bit confusing--I hope you'll know what I mean.)
    Quote Originally Posted by swimsuit addict
    Hey, great job at the meet. I'm sorry I missed seeing such fabulous swims. It's great to do a swim right off the bat that leaves you happy the rest of the meet.
    Good luck this Saturday! I wouldn't put pulling something out of nowhere past you.
    (Yes, that last sentence is a bit confusing--I hope you'll know what I mean.)
    Editing copy is in my job description... I think you said, "I wouldn't put it past you to pull something out of nowhere," in which case, that is the nicest thing anyone's said all day. Thanks!