View RSS Feed

Too Neurotic to be Suitably Aquatic

You better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stone

Rate this Entry
I wrote this workout on the train the other day, because I wanted something to practice for this weekend when I'm swimming all the 100's and the 200 IM. It turns out the team really liked it! Even my lane-mate who's fast but doesn't like to break a sweat had me cursing myself for writing such tight intervals, which he stuck to religiously.

1000 warm up

2x100 on 1:40
4x25 fly rest :5
100 kick: 50 free / 50 no board
50 recovery

2x100 on 1:35
4x25 back rest :5
100 kick : 50 free / 50 no board
50 recovery

2x100 on 1:30
4x25 breast rest :5
50 recovery

2x100 on 1:25
4x25 free rest :5
50 recovery

200 IM
200 warm down

I was pleased that I brought my 100's in under 1:30 with ease and time to rest each time. I'm working on not breathing into the turns, and I felt that gave me some great set-ups to streamline further. Also working on:

fly - keeping my feet in the water on the kick, recovery with thumbs down

back - faster arms! more rotation!

breast - keeping those hands in tight, thumbs under shoulders. Shortening up my glide to look less like a mom who doesn't want to get her hair wet.

Currently, I am SO TIRED, SO SORE. I have no idea how Saturday's going to go, it's a short meet, and there will be a lot of swimming. I do have one nemesis swimming all the same events as me (a guy who, at a swim meet earlier this winter, pushed off on the wrong side of the warm-down lane and hit me on the head so hard in the head that I had to scratch my 1000 because I got all nauseous and concussed.) I would really like to see him go down in a fair fight... But we'll see.

Submit "You better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stone" to Digg Submit "You better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stone" to del.icio.us Submit "You better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stone" to StumbleUpon Submit "You better start swimmin' or you'll sink like a stone" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments