View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Monday, Aug. 29

Rate this Entry
Drylands:

RC exercises
assisted dips -- no.
-- Don't think I can do these; it feels like too much stress on the shoulders. It also felt like my arms were too far apart on this particular machine.
assisted pull ups -- 4 x 7
-- assist was 4X (couldn't read the whole number)
flutter kicks on bosu, 2 x 100
reverse scoops, 25 x 3 x 15
back extensions, 25 x 3 x 10
Ab Solo machine + med ball, 3 x 15
-- http://www.exergamefitness.com/ab_solo.htm
knee tuck jumps, 2 x 10
extreme angle isometric squat w/17.5, 3:00
-- ran out of time for other isos

Swim/SCM/Solo:

easy 1300 meters

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Snuck in a workout at RAC before driving up to Mpls to catch a flight home. I was startled to notice a cornfield right across from the gym. Cornfields everywhere in MN! My home town has changed drastically since I lived there. Mayo has more than doubled in size. I am hoping I left in time before my body went into serious shock from dog exposure.

I'm pretty beat from 4 days in a row of drylands. Also tired from three trips in August, with not much solid sleep. Just yoga and errands today for me. Hopefully, I'll be able to do a real swim workout on Wednesday, not just this floating around stuff I've done almost all of August. I am planning on stealing Chowmi's last workout.

Mason reopens on Thursday. I'm going to my first team practice in ages on Thursday night. I'm looking forward to having a clean, cool, quiet place to work out on Fridays as well.

4 days until the trek to college with Fort Son ...

Submit "Monday, Aug. 29" to Digg Submit "Monday, Aug. 29" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday, Aug. 29" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday, Aug. 29" to Google

Updated August 30th, 2011 at 02:04 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

4 days until the trek to college with Fort Son ...
    My parents dropped me off at the airport and wished me luck, what is this trek thing you speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    My parents dropped me off at the airport and wished me luck, what is this trek thing you speak of?
    lol!

We are driving him up to Dartmouth and dropping him off. He is going on a freshman trip (hiking) and then moving himself in when he gets back (can't move in before). He's pretty self sufficient. But constantly doing his own laundry may be a bit of a shock.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    ...But constantly doing his own laundry may be a bit of a shock.
    LOL! You actually think he's going to do his laundry!
    When Mason's back up and running, how many team practices will you get each week?
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    LOL! You actually think he's going to do his laundry!

Not really. I can see laundry piling up. But at some point, he'll have to break down and do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    When Mason's back up and running, how many team practices will you get each week?
    We don't have a large selection. Tuesday and Thursday nights, Saturday am (D day) and Sunday am. You can also drop in and swim on your own on Fridays from 12-2.
    It is the Walk of Proudness (not Shame)every parent must make, trying to keep pace with College Bound Offspring with Parent Toting Underwear and Socks.
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    It is the Walk of Proudness (not Shame)every parent must make, trying to keep pace with College Bound Offspring with Parent Toting Underwear and Socks.
    and gatorade ...

Fort Son is now packing and thought he could make it to December without his down jacket.
    and gatorade ...

Fort Son is now packing and thought he could make it to December without his down jacket.
    LOL
    You totally missed out on letting him learn what a cold cruel world it is once you leave home.
    You totally missed out on letting him learn what a cold cruel world it is once you leave home.
    Telling him he couldn't use the college laundry service worked pretty well.
    college laundry service
    I know what those three words mean, but I have no idea what they mean when they're strung together like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    I know what those three words mean, but I have no idea what they mean when they're strung together like that.
    $4-800 is what it means!