View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Friday, Sept. 2

Rate this Entry
by , September 2nd, 2011 at 06:43 PM (974 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo @ Mason:

Warm up:

600 various
6 x 50 single arm drill

Main Sets:

8 x 25 shooters w/fins

16 x 25, no fins
4 x (2 shooters + 2 streamline glide drill)

4 x 150 w/paddles
50 scull + 50 dolphin kick on back + 25 shooter + 25 easy
-- paddles are not conducive to easy shooters

4 x 100 @ 2:00
50 back + 50 breast cruise

8 x 25 closed fist no breather free

8 x 25 chest press fly, no kick

200 EZ

Total: 3100

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a pure recovery/technique workout today. I was from yesterday's workouts. And I realize I haven't had a day off since Aug. 25. Probably not ideal at the moment. I need to decide on a weekly workout schedule now that summer is over. I should stretch tonight, but I'm too tired.

This is my last day with Fort Son. He doesn't come home for Thanksgiving because he has a training trip to Austin, TX. I'm hoping I can go see him race at the Princeton Chase in early November or another race. Otherwise, I won't see him until December. Not surprisingly, he refuses to skype. Boys!

Submit "Friday, Sept. 2" to Digg Submit "Friday, Sept. 2" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, Sept. 2" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, Sept. 2" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

he has a training trip to Austin
    No one should ever need an excuse to go to Austin, but here's a great one for you. Plus, you'll know for sure that you'll be in a place where you can train. Imagine you and Ande training together. Plus, I'm sure FortSon would love it if you put on a wetsuit and did some OW training in Town Lake while he's out rowing around.

"Hey, I think I see a mermaid," shouts the coxswain, " ... look, there's her fin!"

Exasperated groan from FortSon, "No, that's my Mom and her Monofin!"
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    No one should ever need an excuse to go to Austin, but here's a great one for you. Plus, you'll know for sure that you'll be in a place where you can train. Imagine you and Ande training together. Plus, I'm sure FortSon would love it if you put on a wetsuit and did some OW training in Town Lake while he's out rowing around.

"Hey, I think I see a mermaid," shouts the coxswain, " ... look, there's her fin!"

She's be lucky if she could even keep up with the crew team rowing around. They can get moving pretty quick!
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb

Ha! He'd kill me if I showed up for a week on a training trip. Much better to go under cover of a race.