View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Sunday, Sept. 4

Rate this Entry
by , September 4th, 2011 at 08:08 PM (1397 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
6 x 50 single arm drill @ 1:00
10 x shooter on back

Main Sets:

10 x 50 w/fins @ 1:15
15 burst dolphin kick + cruise kick
50 EZ
10 x 50 w/paddles @ 1:15
odds = front scull
evens = torque drill
50 EZ
10 x 50 w/kickboard & fins @ 1:15
dolphin kick 12.5 down to bottom of pool + sprint flutter kick to wall + 50 cruise
50 EZ

Total: 2800

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a short workout after a long weekend. Taking Fort Son to college was much harder than I envisioned. He is in good hands, and I don't wish for any alternative. But I feel like the family unit is irrevocably altered. His room is strangely neat, but very empty.

Submit "Sunday, Sept. 4" to Digg Submit "Sunday, Sept. 4" to del.icio.us Submit "Sunday, Sept. 4" to StumbleUpon Submit "Sunday, Sept. 4" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I'm trying to imagine your pain at the "loss" of FortSon ... I'll be there in 3 years and am soooo of two minds ... wanting #1 to go off in the world and not prepared personally to not be around such a great person on a day-in/day-out basis. I'm already building my business plan for my work and encouraging her to schools that will allow me to mesh my travel with her school choice!
    My oldest is a senior in college and dropping her off about made me cry...next one not so much so...definitely changes the family dynamic, depressing, and makes one realize his/her mortality (made me feel old).
    We just sent our #2 child off to Kindergarten if that makes anyone feel any better!
    Thing are definitely never the same when one of the fledglings leaves the nest. It is great to see them doing well on their own and happy with their independence. It's also lonely. Strange little things will remind you of him and make you sad.
    I get teary-eyed whenever I drive by or go in Carmel High School. I always go in the gym and look at their pictures on the wall. I don't think I'll ever get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobinator
    Thing are definitely never the same when one of the fledglings leaves the nest. It is great to see them doing well on their own and happy with their independence. It's also lonely. Strange little things will remind you of him and make you sad.
    I get teary-eyed whenever I drive by or go in Carmel High School. I always go in the gym and look at their pictures on the wall. I don't think I'll ever get over it.
    It seems very lonely already. And you're right about the little things setting you off. Today, I saw a Gatorade recovery in the fridge and realized I wouldn't have to buy it anymore. . Then Lil Fort was psyched about taking over his bathroom. I'm sure a million other things will bother me. I'm dreading my second one leaving in to years.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    I'm trying to imagine your pain at the "loss" of FortSon ... I'll be there in 3 years and am soooo of two minds ... wanting #1 to go off in the world and not prepared personally to not be around such a great person on a day-in/day-out basis. I'm already building my business plan for my work and encouraging her to schools that will allow me to mesh my travel with her school choice!
    It's horrible. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. You want them to go off in the world and you're proud of their independence and accomplishments. But it's still so hard. Not sure you can micromanage where they go. I think it helped that I never once suggested or pushed my alma mater on Fort Son. He likes being third generation, but still feels that it was his choice. Of course being recruited didn't hurt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Dickson
    My oldest is a senior in college and dropping her off about made me cry...next one not so much so...definitely changes the family dynamic, depressing, and makes one realize his/her mortality (made me feel old).
    Agree, agree, agree. Except more crying or me -- who normally doesn't shed a ear. I'm feeling sorry for you in advance at graduation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    We just sent our #2 child off to Kindergarten if that makes anyone feel any better!
    I always looked forward to elementary, middle and high schools! Enjoy it now! Though you're probably pretty busy. And wait til the serious homework hits. :-p