View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

MF Love, Friday, Sept. 9

Rate this Entry
by , September 9th, 2011 at 06:03 PM (691 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo @ Mason:

Warm up:

700 various
6 x 50 single arm drill

Hypoxic Sets:

10 x 25 back shooters w/MF @ :40
10 x 25 belly shooters w/MF @ :40
-- 8 kicks per length w/MF
50 EZ
10 x 50 double shooters w/MF @ 1:15
50 EZ

Recovery:

8 x 50 w/paddles @ 1:00
odds = free
evens = flutter kick w/paddles as board

Power Set:

8 x 25 back shooter w/MF & parachute
-- 13 kicks instead of the usual 8
50 EZ
8 x 25 free w/paddles & parachute @ 1:15
-- went 18-19s
50 EZ
-- pool closed
-- warm down in hot tub.

Total: 3000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wanted to do some easy speed hypoxic work today. I did very little hypoxic work during the long course season. Need to ramp it up again for short course underwaters, especially on my recovery days.

The parachute work is just killer. I probably should save the parachute for the end of a speed day rather than a recovery day. I've gotten in 5 swims this week + 2 drylands thus far, and I'm pretty beat. Glad I have a massage tomorrow. I'm taking tomorrow off and may just do yoga on Sunday.

Mr. Fort is running in the Lehigh Marathon on Sunday to attempt to get his BQ. Unlike his recent two marathons, his training had been pretty solid and injury free. His training partner is running the last 20 miles with him to get a solid long run in before he competes in the Chicago Marathon. He definitely has some taper bitchies.

The sun finally shone here today after many days of pouring rain!

Submit "MF Love, Friday, Sept. 9" to Digg Submit "MF Love, Friday, Sept. 9" to del.icio.us Submit "MF Love, Friday, Sept. 9" to StumbleUpon Submit "MF Love, Friday, Sept. 9" to Google

Updated September 9th, 2011 at 10:26 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments