View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Phoenix, Sept. 19

Rate this Entry
by , September 19th, 2011 at 08:43 PM (1145 Views)
Drylands:

RC exercises
HS hi row, 110 x 3 x 20 (+10)
push press, 40 x 2 x 15
explosive leg press, 250 x 2 x 10 (+20)
squat jumps w/45 bar, 15*
altitude drops from highest box (42 inch), 2 x 10
EA step ups w/20 lb DBs, 10
EA iso squat w/20 lb DB, 5:00
EA bicep hold w/8 lb DBs, 1:30 (couldn't find 5 lb DBs)
EA push up hold, 1:30 (+ 30 sec)
med balls slams, 5:00 or so
-- 15 floor slams, 15 overhead slams, 15 rotational twist slams, 15 reverse overhead throws, something else

* This is the squat machine I attempted to do squat jumps on (and have previously): http://keiser.com/products/air300/squat.html. Today, I was kicked off by a trainer b/c it is a "trainer only" machine. Incredible BS.

** I saw on Jeff Commings blog that he recently did 4 x 20 box jumps. Holy crap!

Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

800 various

10 x 25 back shooters

Sprint Sets:

6 x (4 x 25)
1st 25 = burst 15 + cruise
2nd 25 = burst 15 +cruise
3rd 25 = easy
4th 25 = fast 25
50 easy between each round

Rounds: fly, back, breast, free, dolphin kick on stomach, dolphin kick on back
-- on fly, just did easy speed
-- on back, I did back spin drill on the bursts
-- on breast, no pull outs
-- on free, just free, felt fast

200 EZ

4 x (25 AFAP back from blocks + 25 EZ)
-- I should have followed chowmi's rule of nailing the finish and then looking at the clock. Times probably would have been a half second slower.
-- Went 14 (15 kicks), 13 high (17 kicks), 13 high (17 kicks), 13 high (16 kicks)
-- Pretty sure I went past the 15 m mark with the 17 kicks. 15-16 is usually my max for a high cycle kick start. I was just deeper than usual on the start, possibly because I put my toes over the gutter so as not to slip and was thus pulling up higher.

100 EZ

8 x 25 free parachute & paddles
-- parachute fully closed

100 EZ

Total: 2750

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I rose from the couch today and managed a hard double. Go me. My arms are very tired tonight. And, honestly, I think it's mostly from the parachute. That thing is beastly.

I experimented with a new nose clip today. Almost every available nose clip comes off my nose. But these laxto clips stay on fairly well: http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/1833.htm. They come in S-M-L, and a S was perfect. Very glad b/c the Best Nose Clip In The World has been discontinued. I have also, after years of being a fin cheater, worn out my fins. Should get a new pair tomorrow. My fave kind are the Water Gear fins, which are quite stiff: http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/29710.htm. I'm not a fan of most other floppy fins, at least for dolphin kick.

Submit "Phoenix, Sept. 19" to Digg Submit "Phoenix, Sept. 19" to del.icio.us Submit "Phoenix, Sept. 19" to StumbleUpon Submit "Phoenix, Sept. 19" to Google

Updated September 19th, 2011 at 09:06 PM by The Fortress

Categories
Swim Workouts , Strength Training and Dryland Workouts

Comments

I rose from the couch today and managed a hard double.
    I won't comment what my wife thought that picture was, but I thought it was pretty obviously a pheonix, especially accompanied by the quote
    I thought it was obvious as well, especially given the blog title. As usual, LW is looking out for you.

I hope I didn't "overdo." I'm sore already. Guess that's to be expected after a week off weights.