View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Wed. Sept. 21

Rate this Entry
by , September 21st, 2011 at 05:48 PM (1037 Views)
Swim/SCY/Solo:

Warm up:

600 various
6 x 50 fly drills
10 x 25 shooters w/MF, exaggerating up and down motion
5 x 60 -- dive from side, 12 dolphin kicks @ 100 pace to 15 + fly breakout, cruise back

Lactate Set:

4 x 75 best average @ 1:30
-- did dolphin kick on back w/MF
-- 13 quick kicks per length, then on top of water
-- went 39, 39, 38, 39
-- really hard on 1:30. the lack of O2 and hard effort is a beastly combo
150 EZ

3 x 75 best average @ 1:45
-- IM: fy/back/breast w/fins
-- went 50, 48, high 47-48
-- kicked harder on last 2
150 EZ

2 x 75 best average @ 1:30
-- did flutter kick w/board for the sole purpose of being able to breathe
-- went 44-45, 46-47
150 EZ

1 x 75 best average
-- did fly, went :43
-- had cramp in right calf
150 EZ

Total: 2800

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ouch. Lactate sets are hard to do on your own too. Maybe all of swimming is hard to do OYO unless it's a quickie sprint workout. Stole this set from Jeff Comming's blog. Not swimming tomorrow after 3 really solid workouts in a row. Meeting up with Jazzy for weights at noon.

Trying to stay calm ... trying to stay calm. Had the only hair disaster of my life. Went in for zapping of gray + cut as a golden blonde. Came out an entirely different dark color. The only conclusion we could reach was that the bottle was defective or mislabeled. Really not a happy camper at the moment. Going in for some damage control tonight while Lil Fort is at swim practice. Argh!!!

Submit "Wed. Sept. 21" to Digg Submit "Wed. Sept. 21" to del.icio.us Submit "Wed. Sept. 21" to StumbleUpon Submit "Wed. Sept. 21" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

Maybe all of swimming is hard to do OYO unless
    ... it is a recovery workout and you are just playing for a change.
    Pictures of the dye job, please!
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    ... it is a recovery workout and you are just playing for a change.
    I was so relieved to have that set done. And so looking forward to just a speed workout on Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimRude
    Pictures of the dye job, please!
    Haha

At salon getting it fixed. But it will take a few months to return to my previous color. At least I'm walking out with many many hair products.
    I like that set- I may try it tomorrow! Hope your hair color turns out right.
    Quote Originally Posted by psyncw
    I like that set- I may try it tomorrow! Hope your hair color turns out right.
    I liked it too. Because it's broken up, it's not as dreadful to do one your own as some LT sets (like 8 x 100 @ 2:00 best average).

Alas, I think it will be a few months until I get my natural hair color back.