View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

FASTival Semi-Finals

Rate this Entry
by , November 13th, 2011 at 12:42 PM (51 Views)
The rain fortunately stopped and it was just a bit cold for the 1st session this morning. I felt sluggish in my 1500 warmup, but tried to rev myself up with a lot of build and fast 25s. What really revved me up before the 200 IM was watching a 13 and a 14 year old boy from our team going 2:03.0 and 2:03.6. Having gone 2:09.2 last weekend and having a jammers best time of 2:01+, I knew I had my work cut out for me to try to represent the old guys. I wish I could've raced those guys as I was 2:03.42, an awesome swim for me, but the next senior guy was a couple of seconds behind me. I wonder if the extra competition swimming with the younger boys could've pushed me sub 2:03. Still, this is great and, like the 200 fly, gives me great confidence in getting under 2 in Greensboro.

Before I got up for the 100 fly, the same 13 year old boy cranked out a 55.3. Based upon my 200 and my best 100 @ 54 mid, I figured a 56 low would make me happy. Fortunately, in this race, I had. 15 year old next to me who pushed me wire-to-wire, me ending up @ 55.58 and he @ 55.66. I haven't had much direct competition until that race, but it totally helped to bring out a different gear.

About 30 minute break between sessions and then we go to the 100 IM and 50 fly.

Submit "FASTival Semi-Finals" to Digg Submit "FASTival Semi-Finals" to del.icio.us Submit "FASTival Semi-Finals" to StumbleUpon Submit "FASTival Semi-Finals" to Google

Comments

Awesome, good luck in the short stuff.