View RSS Feed

Too Neurotic to be Suitably Aquatic

Let us celebrate with the addition of chocolate to milk

Rate this Entry
Yikes! two days out of the pool, the longest I've gone in a while. I finally got in again on Sunday, before the club swim practice (I was guarding, and then I spent an hour teaching a swim lesson trying to get a 12-year-old to do just one 25 of legal breaststroke. He came very, very close by the end.) On Sunday, I did a super 1000 set with two faster guys, and I didn't quite hold on to the base :45 intervals, had to drop 3 50's to keep up. I assigned the same workout to FISH this morning so I could redeem myself:

500 warm-up
2 SUPER 1000's:

50, 50, 100 @ :45, :45, 1:30

50, 150 @ :45, 2:15
100, 100 @ 1:30, 1:30
150, 50 @ 2:15, :45
100, 50, 50 @ 1:30, :45, :45
(1st round free, 2nd round stroke - intervals on base :55)

SUPER 500 Kick, with fins:

25, 25, 50
25, 75
50, 50
75, 25
50, 25, 25

And I made it! I didn't stick to the intervals as religiously on the second round of stroke because my lane-mates were more interested in pulling freestlye, so there were a few times they caught up to me and my slow-as-hell strokes. But I think I got some good work in before Sunday's meet.

****SIDE NOTE****A friendly reminder when writing blogs - save, save often! I just lost a whole big thing about my post-workout meal because I accidentally clicked the "go advanced" button. Obviously, I am not ready for being advanced.

So here is the short version:
Upon the advice of jbs, I tried chocolate milk as a post-workout snack.
It is easier on my tummy than bars.
It doesn't give me as many adverse lactose-intolerant side effects as I feared it would.
I feel full for a long time afterward.
Via my cold-drink thermos, it's easy to port to my lifeguarding gig and on the train.
Mixed nuts & cranberries make a nice supplement to the chocolate milk.

Submit "Let us celebrate with the addition of chocolate to milk" to Digg Submit "Let us celebrate with the addition of chocolate to milk" to del.icio.us Submit "Let us celebrate with the addition of chocolate to milk" to StumbleUpon Submit "Let us celebrate with the addition of chocolate to milk" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I love chocolate milk after a workout!
    Yay for chocolate milk! You could also try chocolate soy-milk, but I've never seen it in single-serving cartons like Horizon.