View RSS Feed

Year Three: The Road Back

It's Tuesday... and that means Distance Day!

Rate this Entry
by , November 15th, 2011 at 01:18 PM (543 Views)
I wasn't really sure what to expect when I got to the pool this morning. My calves have been smarting ever since the 6K Postal swim on Saturday and my shoulders after yesterday's swim were pretty tight. Still.... a bad day in the pool is better than a good day dry. And, off I went. Here's what I did:

350 Warm-Up
8 x 100 Free on 1:30 (made them all; did 1:22-1:25s)
4 x 200 as 50 Free / 25 Back / 75 Free / 25 Back / 25 Free on 3:45
2 x 450 Free on 7:30
1 x 800 Pull on 12:00
400 Cool-Down
Total Yards - 4050

I was actually pretty happy with today's workout. My calves were very tight and I was really glad to get to the 800 Pull and give my legs a break. Other than that, I opted to do Free w/ a little back instead of full IMs on the 200s and 400s, but added distance to the 400 (went 450s) and made all the intervals. I was really excited to make the 8x100 on 1:30s set. That was a great way to get the workout started.

There is a meet in Louisville this weekend that a few of my teammates are doing. I was planning to swim in it, but I'm just not sure how my legs will hold up. When I try to kick hard in practice (both yesterday and today), my calves start twinging like mad. Guess we'll see how the sprints go in tomorrow's practice before actually signing up - or letting people know I won't be going. Since the online entry deadline isn't until Friday, I figure waiting one more day won't hurt.

That's it for now... enjoy your swims!

Submit "It's Tuesday... and that means Distance Day!" to Digg Submit "It's Tuesday... and that means Distance Day!" to del.icio.us Submit "It's Tuesday... and that means Distance Day!" to StumbleUpon Submit "It's Tuesday... and that means Distance Day!" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments