View RSS Feed

The FAF AFAP Digest

Friday, Dec. 23

Rate this Entry
by , December 23rd, 2011 at 03:50 PM (2531 Views)
Drylands:

RC exercises
rear delt fly, 85 x 3 x 12
power squat, 210 x 3 x 12
wide grip lat pulldown, 100 x 3 x 8
leg abductors, 130 x 3 x 8
seated narrow grip row, 100 x 3 x 12
leg extension, 90 x 3 x 8

Ellipse Machine, 30 minutes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After almost 2 weeks of farting around in the pool, I may be ready for a short sprint workout tomorrow.

I have been eating perfectly lately, lots of fruit and veggies and lean protein. But then I suddenly have no will power between 10-12 pm and fall off the wagon.

And not that it matters even a bit, but I did make my very aggressive 325 miles GTD goal for the year.

Submit "Friday, Dec. 23" to Digg Submit "Friday, Dec. 23" to del.icio.us Submit "Friday, Dec. 23" to StumbleUpon Submit "Friday, Dec. 23" to Google

Comments

Congrats on making your GTD goal!! I fall off the wagon almost every day. I truly don't know how I maintain my weight because I cheat pretty much whenever I feel like it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    Congrats on making your GTD goal!! I fall off the wagon almost every day. I truly don't know how I maintain my weight because I cheat pretty much whenever I feel like it!!
    I cheat too, just most often late at night! It's a good thing that your metabolism is still cranking!
    I've been reading the book that Ande reviewed here: [ame="http://forums.usms.org/showpost.php?p=246202&postcount=1643"]U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Ande's Swimming Tips: Swimming Faster Faster[/ame]

and it says if you're crazed for a late night snack, eat 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. I haven't actually tried that, but peanut butter is pretty awesome, so what are you waiting for?
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    So have you gotten to the part about the 15 minute orgasms yet? Inquiring minds want to know!
    ...reading the book...
    Book....reading...what is this? That's almost in the same classification as running for fun!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    I cheat too, just most often late at night!
    I thought you meant you cheated between 10a and 12pm (noon). I thought to myself, "Why don't you just eat lunch?"

You mean 10p to 12a (sorry, I work in a hospital where this preciseness matters). My solution to that would be to just go to sleep! I know you don't sleep well though. I think the spoonful of peanut butter is a good suggestion. Maybe add a few chocolate chips on top.
    I've been reading the book that Ande reviewed here: U.S. Masters Swimming Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Ande's Swimming Tips: Swimming Faster Faster

and it says if you're crazed for a late night snack, eat 2 tablespoons of peanut butter. I haven't actually tried that, but peanut butter is pretty awesome, so what are you waiting for?
    Not a bad idea! I have read that, if you are going to have a pre-bedtime snack, it should be protein. And I will often have cheese and crackers. But right now there is a an abundance of xmas goodies in the house ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Book....reading...what is this? That's almost in the same classification as running for fun!!

I just hope you read to your kids and don't let them subsist on McDonalds.
    Quote Originally Posted by slknight
    I thought you meant you cheated between 10a and 12pm (noon). I thought to myself, "Why don't you just eat lunch?"

You mean 10p to 12a (sorry, I work in a hospital where this preciseness matters). My solution to that would be to just go to sleep! I know you don't sleep well though. I think the spoonful of peanut butter is a good suggestion. Maybe add a few chocolate chips on top.
    No, I can't go to sleep at 10:00 pm. I don't usually sit down until then. And I'm a night owl. I don't think I've ever gone to bed before 11:00 pm in my entire life.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress

I just hope you read to your kids and don't let them subsist on McDonalds.
    I'm working on getting back up to a 3rd grade level, but I manage good enough.
    hope you had a happy holiday
    you train any?
    Had a great holiday until Xmas night when my sniffles turned into a massive head cold. Been on the couch the last two days, no training. . Hopefully, I can get back in tomorrow.