View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

400 LCM IM ...

Rate this Entry
by , January 28th, 2012 at 06:48 PM (110 Views)
... with emphasis on the LONG.

Man, I was still feeling the 1000 from last night, even after a solid 1,950 SCYs of warmup. I knew I couldn't try to be a hero on the butterfly (1:09.7), but kind of thought I'd have a little more to give on the backstroke (1:19.2) and breaststroke (1:29.8). I did manage to bring home the free nearer to my fly split than I have been lately (1:10.2), but my total time of 5:08.97 was a little slower than I had wanted to go. Last year I was 5:06.99 in early March at the Victoria meet; I was kind of hoping to be at that same time today. Given that I had been training harder/longer last year by March than I have this year by this weekend, though, I'll take it.

The kids all swam very well today, especially #3 this afternoon.

Highlight races of the morning was watching Roland Schoeman drop a 22.9 in the 50 LCM free and a 55.2 in the 100 LCM fly. He's training over at Phoenix Swim Club and they brought a solid team over.

Tomorrow it's down to Tucson to swim with people my own age -- http://homepage.mac.com/jimstites/Fo...HeatSheet.html. Events are 200 back, 100 free, 50 back, 100 back and 200 breast.

Submit "400 LCM IM ..." to Digg Submit "400 LCM IM ..." to del.icio.us Submit "400 LCM IM ..." to StumbleUpon Submit "400 LCM IM ..." to Google

Comments

Was this the same meet you did the 1000 at? If so, kind of unusual to do SCY one day and LCM the next. There was a LCM meet (USA-S) up here last weekend but I opted out in favor of the masters meet.
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Was this the same meet you did the 1000 at? If so, kind of unusual to do SCY one day and LCM the next. There was a LCM meet (USA-S) up here last weekend but I opted out in favor of the masters meet.
    It is the same meet. The coaches wanted to do LCM for all the senior events (Sectionals is all LCM this year), so this morning and tomorrow are LCM, but the afternoon sessions are SCY for the younger kids. Last night, which was just a senior session, should have been LCM, but the pool couldn't be configured due to other city programs on Friday night for LCM.
    Congrats to you and #1. I know it's a big thrill when kids get their first jr. nats cut!

Long course does seem LONG to me. Swam it all the time as a kid of course, but now it just intimidates me. It's so much more unforgiving.