View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

Nationals Entry

Rate this Entry
by , February 6th, 2012 at 01:36 PM (118 Views)
Taking a rest day today, but signed up for Nationals. I'll be avoiding the distance gods of the 45-49 age group on Thursday and swimming this mix of events:

Friday

• 400 IM
  • 100 fly

Saturday

• 100 IM (6th event)
  • 200 fly

Sunday

• 500 free
  • 200 IM

This gives me a focus event each day (400 IM, 200 fly and 500 free) and a fun event each day. I've got my sisters and father lined up for some fun family relays on Friday and Saturday, so now I need to get the custom caps and t-shirts made up for "Brundage Swim Masters." Hotel reservation is made and I'm stoked on all fronts except the flights: it appears USAirways has dropped the direct PHX ->RDU flight that I assumed I would get on (and get upgraded on). I'll work this coming weekend on figuring out flights.

Also confirmed today that the 1650 SCY I thought I was going to swim on Friday, Feb 17th at a kids meet is actually a 1500 LCM (the flyer was a bit confusing). I was kind of hoping it was going to be SCY, but this will still be fun. I swam it LCM twice in the same pool last summer (Phoenix Swim Club), so it'll be a good barometer for how my training's going.

Submit "Nationals Entry" to Digg Submit "Nationals Entry" to del.icio.us Submit "Nationals Entry" to StumbleUpon Submit "Nationals Entry" to Google

Comments

Southwest flies into RDU. Their entire plane is first class seating.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookiee
    Southwest flies into RDU.
    Yes, I know. I think I'm one of the few people out there who doesn't like their planes. I love their people and their on-time-ness, but, unless you get on early and grab an exit row, I find their coach seats exceedingly uncomfortable, especially for a cross-country flight.

Realistically, though, I'll probably have to fly them.
    Once you get to Raleigh, just have Geek give you a ride to Greensboro.

I don't think the 60 or so miles in the back of the hay wagon will be that uncomfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by pwb
    Yes, I know. I think I'm one of the few people out there who doesn't like their planes. I love their people and their on-time-ness, but, unless you get on early and grab an exit row, I find their coach seats exceedingly uncomfortable, especially for a cross-country flight.

Realistically, though, I'll probably have to fly them.
    There are definite advantages to only being 5' 9" vs. 8' 12" like all of you from Arizona!!
    Friday

• 400 IM
    • 100 fly
    Saturday

• 100 IM (6th event)
    • 200 fly
    Sunday

• 500 free
    • 200 IM
    I've got virtually the same lineup as you for my National Meet entries, with 1 event different (among a few other differences):

Sat: 400 IM, 400 Free
    Sun: 200 Free, 100 Fly, 100 Free
    Mon: 200 Fly