View RSS Feed

Nobody Special

C6 to C7

Rate this Entry
by , February 23rd, 2012 at 07:22 PM (438 Views)
* C6 to C7 is apparently the part of my spine that is jacked up. Degeneration and nerve damage seems to be what they are going with. Got the MRI results in today and spoke with two different doctors about it. The good news is that it may not be serious - the bad news is that with a lot of weakness, tingling and numbness in my right arm both docs seem to think that it could "potentially be bad."

* For now they just want to monitor it. I'm going to be going in one to two days a week for physical therapy for the next month. I'm to be reevaluated at the end of March.

* My primary doc has me starting naproxen back up - 1000mg a day for the next month. Not sure if I'm going to stick with that - I'll give it a week for now. He has also put me on a pretty aggresive course of steroid for the next week. I'll go with that.

* If tingling, numbness, and weakness persist this month I'm looking at an NCV/EMG test along with a nuero-surgeon consult. I can tell you right now - if I'm not in any pain it will be over my dead body that I go under the knife for this. From what I understand to get to this part of my spine they have to go from the front through my throat. Yea - I don't freakin think so!

* Thankfully both docs - my primary and sports med doc said I can continue swimming. I'm not really sure they understand the type of swimming we do but I wasn't going to divulge anything to them. If they can't figure out that it takes some brutal work outs for me to get this injury in the first place then they are stupid.

* Needless to say I'm continuing with my program of getting back up to speed in the pool.

Submit "C6 to C7" to Digg Submit "C6 to C7" to del.icio.us Submit "C6 to C7" to StumbleUpon Submit "C6 to C7" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments