View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

Stoked and smoked

Rate this Entry
by , March 13th, 2012 at 10:55 PM (128 Views)
Stoked -- -- my oldest daughter, who inherited Canadian citizenship from my wife made her Canadian Olympic Trials time in the 800 free this past Sunday up at Sectionals in Federal Way. This was a goal she set for herself at the end of last summer, so it was sooo cool to see her make it. Like most other countries, Canada holds its trials well before the Games, so she'll turn around and swim this at the end of March in Montreal at the '76 Olympic pool. This will be a cool experience for her ... and me and my wife!

Smoked -- I thought taking yesterday off would allow me to recover from Sunday's racing, but apparently not. I think the 6 starts took more of a toll on my back and legs than I anticipated: I was super-creaky and sore in my core class this morning and then managed only 2,300 SCM this evening before I decided to throw in the towel for the day.

Broken 1500 tomorrow, though, so hopefully a good night sleep will remedy my body.

Submit "Stoked and smoked" to Digg Submit "Stoked and smoked" to del.icio.us Submit "Stoked and smoked" to StumbleUpon Submit "Stoked and smoked" to Google

Comments

This will be a cool experience for her ... and me and my wife!
    I'm sure you'll try to sneak in a 50 or so in Montreal just to add another pool to your list too!!

And for your daughter...what kind of time would she be looking at to even make the Canadian team in the 800?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    I'm sure you'll try to sneak in a 50 or so in Montreal just to add another pool to your list too!!
    Well, I'd love to do a workout in the 76 Olympic Pool. I did actually take my daughters there and we played around in the pool back in 2005 or 2006, but haven't worked out there. I'll find other pools to swim in there; Montreal's got a number of options to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    And for your daughter...what kind of time would she be looking at to even make the Canadian team in the 800?
    The top couple of times are around 8:35 or so, but I imagine the excitement of the Olympic year will have at least the top spot sub 8:30 and possibly the second spot. That's not even in the realm of consideration. The goal was to get to the meet this year.
    That's awesome! Some celebratory poutine seems to be in order.
    Very cool! You must all be so excited. And a fantastic racing experience or her. Maybe No poutine until after the race.
    Congrats to you for having produced a daughter that provides such a good excuse to travel to Montreal!
    Fantastic- congrats to your daughter, proud papa.
    Patrick, that's awesome!!!! Such a great experience for the whole family too!
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    That's awesome! Some celebratory poutine seems to be in order.
    Absolutely. My wife already knows a few of the best poutine places in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Very cool! You must all be so excited. And a fantastic racing experience or her.
    Yes, her coach has told that her primary goal is to soak up the experience ... not even to worry about her times ...

Quote Originally Posted by The Fortress
    Maybe No poutine until after the race.
    Good thing I'm not racing, so I don't have to follow this rule
    Quote Originally Posted by qbrain
    Congrats to you for having produced a daughter that provides such a good excuse to travel to Montreal!
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    Fantastic- congrats to your daughter, proud papa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Rat
    Patrick, that's awesome!!!! Such a great experience for the whole family too!
    Thanks. It's really cool for her to have this opportunity.
    Congratulations, and how cool to get to go to the Trials!
    Congrats on your daughter's accomplishment. I'm sure that you guys are going to have a great time.