View RSS Feed

Of Swimming Bondage

Shorty Forty

Rate this Entry
by , March 26th, 2012 at 02:20 AM (74 Views)
I had cobbled together a great bonus workout for today from some of Fort's HIT sets from this past week, but ended up only having 30 minutes of pool time, so did this:

• 1 x 400: 100 free swim, 300 IM k/d/d
  • 10 x 50: on 0:50
    • 5 pull w/buoy and paddles
    • Equipment change for 0:20
    • 5 kick w/long fins
      • odds fast breast arms/flutter kick down, easy dolphin back
      • evens fast underwater SDK to 15M, then easy backstroke kick

• 8 x 25: on about 0:35, underwater shooters w/long fins to 15M then easy, odds dolphin, evens flutter
  • 1 x 50: easy
  • 4 x 50: fast from blocks to 15M then cruise the rest of the way
  • 1 x 50: easy

TOTAL: 1,400 SCM

Commentary:

• The main workout today was my massage (and also a reason for me having less pool time): practically every masseuse I've been too has commented, once they learn I swim primarily for exercise, on how surprised they are at how tight I am. They seem to think all swimmers are all loose and flexible. I remind them they should be glad swimmers do get tight: helps their business.

Submit "Shorty Forty" to Digg Submit "Shorty Forty" to del.icio.us Submit "Shorty Forty" to StumbleUpon Submit "Shorty Forty" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

The massage was probably more important!

I think swimmers can still have greater range of mobility than the average person, but still be tight for us. All that exertion in the pool creates tight muscles. I am very flexible, but my massage therapist always says I'm tight. And some body parts are hard to stretch OYO.