Warm up:

600 various
10 x 25 shooters @ :40ish
5 x 50 fly @ whatever

-- lots of chatting with Speedo who had arrived earlier

Speed Sets:

8 x 25 burst + cruise @ 1:00
100 EZ

-- Was slightly worried about my planned timed efforts as I could feel the fatigue from yesterday's hard speed work and was cramping a bit on the bursts. Went ahead anyway and did better than I thought I would.

1 x 100 AFAP fly w/fins, 52 high
-- Fin was falling off on the 3rd 25. Had to stop and make an adjustment at the turn. This pissed me off and cost a lot of time. So I decided to do another.
250 EZ

1 x 100 AFAP fly w/fins, 51 high
250 EZ

1 x 50 AFAP breast dophin w/fins, 27 mid
200 EZ

Total: 2350

ART, 35 min

Doc was impressed I had recovered quickly from the PRP. The neck is still somewhat tender, probably more nerves there I guess.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In retrospect, I should have flip flopped my Monday and Tuesday workouts. I was really feeling yesterday's effort and the quads were burning. Still, those are definitely the fastest 100 flys I've done in practice by a good margin. I'm not sure, but I think my previous best was a 54. Even if you add a whopping 15 seconds or so for fins (which seems very generous), that second one would convert to a 1:06 from a push. I went 1:03.1 the only time I swam it last year. In general, I've been doing a lot of practice PRs since January.

Signed up for Zones with seed times from the last time I swam the events. Decided not to bother with the 100 free. Will do the 200 relays. Hoping to get a 50 free split on one of the free relays. Maybe the girl's relay on Saturday.

Swim Meet Events
Event
Number Gender Distance Stroke Time Date
23 Female 50 SCY Fly 0:26.79 04/14/2012
33 Female 100 SCY IM 1:04.10 04/15/2012
43 Female 100 SCY Breast 1:15.90 04/15/2012

Submit "Tuesday, April 3" to Digg Submit "Tuesday, April 3" to del.icio.us Submit "Tuesday, April 3" to StumbleUpon Submit "Tuesday, April 3" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts , ART

Comments

I think 51 is what I used to go on those, when my 50 fly was 23.2. Implication: you will go 23.2 at nats
    Fins or not that's damn fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands
    I think 51 is what I used to go on those, when my 50 fly was 23.2. Implication: you will go 23.2 at nats
    Lol

I had thought after Warrenton that I couldn't possibly go faster than the 26.79 I swam there. But that's silly as I wasn't fully tapered. Thought I did execute almost perfectly. Two more chances to go faster. I hope I can. The NR is 26.77.
    Updated April 3rd, 2012 at 06:05 PM by The Fortress
    Quote Originally Posted by knelson
    Fins or not that's damn fast.
    Thanks, i was surprised to see the time. It felt smooth until the last 25, which hurt. Predictably.
    "Doc was impressed I had recovered quickly from the PRP."

Seems like good news for your shoulder, especially with your upcoming meet schedule. Hoping to hear that it continues to improve.
    Great times! What fins do you use? I like your meet entry. Something so liberating about entering just a few selected events. Like not wearing underwear or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojerz
    "Doc was impressed I had recovered quickly from the PRP."

Seems like good news for your shoulder, especially with your upcoming meet schedule. Hoping to hear that it continues to improve.
    Thanks Bill. I'll need more PRP. But I'm hopeful it will help repair the tear and tendinopathy. The latter doesn't get better on it's own.
    Quote Originally Posted by chowmi
    Great times! What fins do you use? I like your meet entry. Something so liberating about entering just a few selected events. Like not wearing underwear or something.
    Yep, it's the way to go for me. Not too much use of silver bullets! Just events I really feel like swimming and some fun relays. I really see no reason to load up on races before nationals.

Oops, forgot fin response. I use Water Gear fins. They're stiffer than the Speedo fins, so a little more oomph and core/leg strength training perhaps. They usually last forever, but my latest pair has developed a split already.
    Updated April 4th, 2012 at 10:50 AM by The Fortress
    You are definitely on a roll. It seems like your in-water training, dryland, diet and other prep work are really paying off (hypochondria not withstanding). You should have an awesome 2012 and 2013 just off your "base"!

Your gridge time in the 100 BR is a 1.14 (Caspar's from last weekend).
    Yes, it seems like everything is dialed in (except for the injuries). Haven't really changed the diet much, though I added post workout BCAAs and more thyroid hormones.

Interesting comment about "base.". You don't usually hear people refer to anaerobic base.

Caspar is so fast for a 10 year old! 1:14 would be nice, but I won't have much rest. Just swimming it for fun and to possibly make top ten.