View RSS Feed

Maple Syrup with a Side of Chlorine

Workout 04/04/12:

Rate this Entry
w/u: 200 FR/200 BK/200 IM drill

2 x 300 FR Pull with Buoy
2 x 100 Kick
200 IM (drill odds/fast evens)

4 x 150 FR Pull with Buoy on 2:15 (held 1:46)

4 x 75 on 1:30
- 1st length: one-arm fly
- 2nd length: DPS free
- 3rd length: fast IMO

2 x (4 x 50 on :55) Quarters Strong
- Went IMO by 50

200 easy and out
(solo/Rec/3100yds/65 min)
-------------------

My trip to Burlington was longer than planned - they needed coverage this morning through 12:30, so I stayed an extra night in the city. I get lonely when I am not at home, but by staying over I was able to help out the folks up that way. Ate at a Five Guys - second best burger I have had, and the fries were excellent. If my wife and/or kids were with me, I would have opted for a trip into the city, but I just grabbed something to eat back at the hotel before I called home to see how everyone's day went.

My quads are still hurting after hoops on Sunday, and I was going to modify the 75's set James Adams did yesterday until I pushed off tonight. Pain! Every turn hurt and there was not pep, and kicking was labored. I settled into some longer Pull sets while chatting with everyone I could about the meet coming up. By the end of the swim my legs seemed to be less sore, but I'll probably do a pull ladder tomorrow just to give them a rest.

Happy to be home.

Submit "Workout 04/04/12:" to Digg Submit "Workout 04/04/12:" to del.icio.us Submit "Workout 04/04/12:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Workout 04/04/12:" to Google

Categories
Swim Workouts

Comments

I can't imagine eating Five Guys twice in the same week. It is more of a quarterly thing. Then again, I am not as skinny as you!
    Don't forget about my 75s set. It's a good one, and the more fly you can do in it, the better you'll feel when you're done with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by tjrpatt
    I can't imagine eating Five Guys twice in the same week. It is more of a quarterly thing. Then again, I am not as skinny as you!
    I'm lucky that there is not one around my town, or I'd have to give up counting calories.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaadams1
    Don't forget about my 75s set. It's a good one, and the more fly you can do in it, the better you'll feel when you're done with it!
    I won't. Well, won't forget the set - hope to do it next week. I will probably swim it as back > fly.